Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kung Fu Trash Talk
(02-05-2021, 12:35 PM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote: Didn't know where to put this question, but here it is: What are some of the good, old-fashioned MA trash talks? DM's latest ("Next year today will be the anniversary of your death!") is good. I often use "you must be tired of living!" And "shall we get to the business?".

What are some others?
(02-05-2021, 01:28 PM)Greg Wrote: Your mouth is writing checks your body can't cash.
(02-05-2021, 01:33 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 12:35 PM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote: I often use "you must be tired of living!" 

Likewise. One of my all time favorites.

"Your <enter style here> is good, but it lacks the power to kill. Try my Shaolin Fist!"

This probably needs its own indie thread here on DOOM.
(02-05-2021, 02:25 PM)thatguy Wrote: Not martial arts, but one of my faves:

"Now, I don't want to kill you, and you don't want to be dead..." - Danny Glover, Silverado

--tg

"Kill them all and make this place a brothel!" 

Yeah, I couldn't resist making an indie thread for this. It's just too good. Thanks Ivor!

P.S. Anyone else a little worried about what cf will add here?
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
TG: That totally applies.

I look forward to CF's additions.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
"You have offended my family and you have offended the Shaolin Temple."

That one is pretty specific but it's soooooo good and I use it often. 
"What a shame to waste my dragon blade on a rodent like you."

"Scabby urchin.  You're not worth the killing.  Call out your father."
I'm nobody's pony.
CF coming in loud & clear!

One I keep telling my kids when they hit too hard “We’re here for *Justice*, not *Revenge*.” It isn’t from any specific Shaw Bros movie, just a recurring theme, I feel.

I have also used the generic “Ha! Your Foil-Fu is weak! I challenge you!”
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
More on strategy than trash-talk, but a nice, if overwrought, turn of phrase:

"It is time to call a halt.  If we advance now and something goes wrong, it will be a case of 'ruining a perfect picture of a snake by adding paws.'"
I'm nobody's pony.
I’m going to reply in Conan: “Enough talk!” [throws dagger]
(02-05-2021, 11:30 PM)cranefly Wrote: More on strategy than trash-talk, but a nice, if overwrought, turn of phrase:

"It is time to call a halt.  If we advance now and something goes wrong, it will be a case of 'ruining a perfect picture of a snake by adding paws.'"

I'm going to translate this so from now on. 

The original chengyu is Hua she tian zu[b] [/b]画蛇添足 which means literally 'draw snake add legs'. It goes back to a fable from the Warring States period (475-221 BCE) where a master of a house held a drawing contest to see which of his servants would get a jug of wine. The one that finished first got overconfident because he was so quick and added legs, so he lost. It happens.

"HMMPH!" - common grunt said before launching into battle.
(02-06-2021, 10:08 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: ...It goes back to a fable from the Warring States period (475-221 BCE) where a master of a house held a drawing contest to see which of his servants would get a jug of wine. The one that finished first got overconfident because he was so quick and added legs, so he lost. It happens.
Thanks for the background on that.  Now I know.

BTW, all my quotes have come from Romance of the Three Kingdoms.  When I read it back in the early '90s, I took extensive notes, which I still have.
I'm nobody's pony.
Sounds right to me...

--tg
Ronin Trash Talk (from Crazy Samurai http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...p?tid=6109)

"Your head is mine!"
"Time to settle the score."
"As long as I get to kill you, scum!"
"You wanna do this? That'll be fun."
"I'll show you what I learned."
"Keep barking."
"I never liked you anyway."
"No one will know if I kill you here."
"You ready? Here I come!"
"I'll fight you in the name of the clan!"
"Kid who knows nothing of war, what do you want?"
"How dare you! Draw! Draw your sword!"
"Who gives a crap?"
"I just wanna win."
"Don't retreat!"

This is the bulk of the dialog from this film. The rest is all sword fightin' 
(02-09-2021, 08:22 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Ronin Trash Talk (from Crazy Samurai http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...p?tid=6109)

"Your head is mine!"
"Time to settle the score."
"As long as I get to kill you, scum!"
"You wanna do this? That'll be fun."
"I'll show you what I learned."
"Keep barking."
"I never liked you anyway."
"No one will know if I kill you here."
"You ready? Here I come!"
"I'll fight you in the name of the clan!"
"Kid who knows nothing of war, what do you want?"
"How dare you! Draw! Draw your sword!"
"Who gives a crap?"
"I just wanna win."
"Don't retreat!"

This is the bulk of the dialog from this film. The rest is all sword fightin' 

Pure Samurai GOLD!
[Image: tumblr_mj5x75EXQp1qg39ewo1_500.gif]
"You insisted on fighting. Do not resent me for dying."
http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...p?tid=6124
“You are not worth any ninja art.”