Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Irish Whiskey
JD was my pop’s drink. I drink it nostalgically. Plus the TN TC boys always brought me some green label when we met on the road (alongside some top shelf shine). Matt Polly and I drank a lot in PRC because that was the only whi-er-skee available there. 

But that’s not the point here, is it? It’s more about your cultural prejudice thinly disguised as snobbery. Irish Whiskey lives matter. 

Or at least they did yesterday. Moving on.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
No Disguise, All Snob.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
fair

don't get your knickers in a bunch.
Good news, everyone. There is a cure for the bite from a tarantula. At least that's what it says in this pamphlet from 1881. Although it might come off as a bit snarky....

Over the Purple Hills Wrote:Fighting tarantulas is quite a pastime with some tourists; two or three of them are placed in close quarters and they will bite one another until both die of poison. The gratification of this amusement lies in the fact that they destroy each other. For a general thing their bite is little more thought of than the sting of a wasp, but persons in this State have been poisoned to death by their venom.

Whisky is the antidote; perhaps this is the reason that its bite is not feared much by the residents, a large proportion of the population being in a perpetual state to resist the bite of spiders or reptiles.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Science!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Whisky is the antidote for any sort of bite, not just spider bites. Dog bites, flea bites, bites from Phishheads tripping on acid. DM knows from experience. 

Everyone always needs a bottle of whisky in their medicine cabinet.
A couple of times over the weekend, I saw ads for the new orange flavored Jameson Irish Whiskey. I don't drink but even I know that is an abomination.

[Image: Jameson_orange_Supporting_11-aspect-ratio-960-730.jpg]

Yes, abomination.

On the plus side, the new Steampunk bar in H's hood has a horrible whisky collection.

We've been making do with Red Breast. It's pleasant. Better than Jamesons.
Love Red Breast

Disdain Jameson
Well, then, I know just the place for when you visit
Of course there are awards.

Time to nominate your favorite Irish Whiskey at the Irish Whiskey Association of America.

Irish Whiskey Awards.

At our local (not the steampunk place) it's Powers. Still better than Jameson.
Powers is the Irish go to. It’s inexpensive too. 

I fell in love with Power’s top shelf - John’s Lane - at that insane whiskey bar in Dublin. I put some serious cash on the bar and told the lovely barmaid to take me on a flight. She was wise and knew her shelves, asked me what I liked and poured me a few top shelf shots. JL stood out and remains one of my favs. That was a great night.
As usual, getting "The Good Stuff" over here is almost impossible. I'll keep an eye out for it, though. Jameson Crested 10 was good, but that was 20 years ago when I had it
I’ve seen a bottle of Johns Lane at BevMo but it was too rich for my wallet at the time. 

Some of the top shelf Jamesons are okay. Jameson was the drink of choice with the old RM supply crew so I drank a lot of it when they were around. I’m not particularly fond of it but it does have a nostalgic factor for me, just like Jack Daniel’s.