The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Forums
Irish Whiskey - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum)
+-- Forum: Doom Arts (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Doom Food (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Irish Whiskey (/showthread.php?tid=4528)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Irish Whiskey - Drunk Monk - 06-28-2018

I have six bottles of Irish Whiskey by my bedside within arms reach right now. 

Just sayin’.

RE: Irish Whiskey - Dr. Ivor Yeti - 06-28-2018

That almost equals my lone bottle of Scotch. Planning on doing some baking with all that vanilla?

RE: Irish Whiskey - cranefly - 06-29-2018

(06-28-2018, 11:15 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: I have six bottles of Irish Whiskey by my bedside within arms reach right now. 

Just sayin’.

How many now?

RE: Irish Whiskey - Greg - 06-29-2018

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

RE: Irish Whiskey - Drunk Monk - 06-29-2018

(06-28-2018, 11:38 PM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote: That almost equals my lone bottle of Scotch. Planning on doing some baking with all that vanilla?

vanilla?!? dem's fightin werds you peat-eating skirt-wearing snow-bunned bear.

RE: Irish Whiskey - Drunk Monk - 06-29-2018

Green Spot
A lovely whiskey with an almost apple-ish start, a hint of chewy caramel in the middle, and a smooth warm finish. I did the whole flight of Spots in Dublin and found them mellow and pleasant. 

This particular bottle was gifted to me by Matt Polly - a thank you for helping promote his Bruce Lee bio with articles, a sweeps promo, and sharing a few choice contacts. Given the price of Green Spot, it’s not something I’d drink regularly, not because it’s that exhorbitant, it’s just not full bodied enough for me at that price. But it’s quite soothing as a gifted bottle and I’d drink it again in Dublin in a heartbeat.

RE: Irish Whiskey - Dr. Ivor Yeti - 06-29-2018

Smooth warm *vanilla* finish?

I’ll stick with my liquid dirt, thanks.

I gave Dean Polly’s book and he started it already. He was pretty thrilled. He is such a BL fan boy that he still has his scrapbooks about BL that he made when he was a kid.

Just tonight I was gifted a bottle of Japanese Scotch. It was from the parents of one of our students. I’ve never had this particular one before, so it will be an adventure. The Hakushu 12 years.

Can a Japanese Scotcvh be mentioned on an Irish whiskey thread? Moderator!!!!

RE: Irish Whiskey - Drunk Monk - 06-30-2018

Japanese scotch must ne’er be mentioned on DOOM.

Scotch comes from Scotland.

We can discuss Japanese whisky but on some other thread.

These are the rules. Now shut your peat hole before we black card ye.

RE: Irish Whiskey - Drunk Monk - 07-09-2018

Teelings Single Grain

I luv Teelings, not just for its smooth warmth, but for what it represents - the first whiskey distillery in Dublin in 125 years with a lineage that goes back to 1782.  I luv that without even drinking it.  But the tour - the tour is not to be missed in Dublin.  Get the high end sampler tour. It's only like a few euros more and you get three super delicious samplers.  They let you sample their top shelf select at the time.  If you buy it, they make the label and sign it there. It's like 3 bills.  I got the hat instead.

Single Grain is super smooth with just a tease of spice on the tip of the tongue, a seductive middle, then a whole lot of cuddly warmth after the swallow, perfect for a chilly Dublin day with some pub seafood chowder.  Mmmmmm.  Given the price, I'd do another bottle of this.

When I took the Teeling's tour, I knew all the answers of the tour guides questions.  Did I tell you that already?  Yeah, that was super cool.  There was only one other person who took the high end sampler - some Japanese connoisseur guy. When we both hit that top shelf select, we both purred in awe and admiration.  So good.

RE: Irish Whiskey - Drunk Monk - 07-10-2018

(07-07-2018, 11:23 PM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote: A lot of them what distills that sugary shite voted for Trump. Drink up, idiots!

Well, fuck.  FUCK!  I sure as hell didn't vote for him.  

Quote:Will there be extra tariffs on Irish Whiskey under the Trump Administration?
Freya Drohan

@freyadro

July 10, 2018 03:32 AM

5 Commen

[Image: cropped_WHISKEY.jpg?t=1531231641]
Experts are warning that US-EU trade wars could 'devastate' the Irish whiskey industry. 
Irish Whiskey Association (IWA) boss William Lavelle has expressed his concerns over the escalating trade war and the effect it may have on the industry.
Lavelle told RTE that currently there are no tariffs on Irish whiskey sold in the United States. However, with the mounting trade war between the US and the European Union, the EU is proposing to place tariffs on US whiskey. 
There are currently no tariffs on Irish whiskey sold in the US, but Lavelle believes that the aforementioned threatened action could then cause the US to retaliate and impose tariffs on homegrown Irish brands like Jameson, Teelings, etc.
The US has long since been the largest importer of Irish whiskey, so this would be a "devastating" blow for the Irish whiskey industry.
According to the IWA, Ireland sold 8.7 million 9-litre cases of whiskey in 2016 (the equivalent of 100 million bottles of whiskey.) Of these, some 44 million bottles were sold to the United States. 
As per China Daily, the total exports of Irish whiskey in 2016 were valued at $589 million.
Lavelle has urged the EU to carefully consider what products it would place on a list for tariffs and to avoid placing Irish whiskey on the list, for fear of a near-wipe out of the prevalence of Irish whiskey in the US due to competition from other countries.

RE: Irish Whiskey - Drunk Monk - 07-30-2018

Bushmill's Black Bush.
Kind of an odd name for a whiskey if you ask me. It's got a bit of a smoother start than common Bushmill's, a tang on the tip of the tongue in the middle and finishes with that signature Bushmill tone.  I'm not a big Bushmills or Jameson drinker, but that's usually what I can afford at bars for the first shot, and a lot of old skool Rock Med are devoted Jameson drinkers (meaning anti-Jameson - really it was only one guy that persuaded the rest to follow there).  That being said I do lean more towards Jameson.  This was a gift bottle from Stacy, and I'm enjoying it but I doubt I'd invest in another.  It's just not that distinctive or towards my palette.  But it is a cut above regular Bushmills.

RE: Irish Whiskey - Greg - 07-31-2018

My father's drink was Black Bush.

RE: Irish Whiskey - Drunk Monk - 07-31-2018

(07-31-2018, 05:53 AM)Greg Wrote: My father's drink was Black Bush.

Totally respectable (especially because my dad's was Jack Daniels).  

What can I say?  Teelings treated me like a lord in Dublin because I knew all the answers to the tour (I had just been to Jameson so was prepped). And Green Spot & Powers just brings me back to those cosy Dublin pubs.

RE: Irish Whiskey - Dr. Ivor Yeti - 08-26-2018

Can now report that I like Teelings better than Jameson’s. Please continue going about your business. That is all.

RE: Irish Whiskey - Drunk Monk - 08-26-2018

(08-26-2018, 12:28 PM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote: Can now report that I like Teelings better than Jameson’s. Please continue going about your business. That is all.

Nice.  Which Teelings did you sample?

I fear they will go all hipster next.  Talk of a Tequila cask aged Teelings is a sure warning sign.  But for now, they are a fav.