Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Expanse

The final season of this and of Money Heist drop in December. I'm just going to be binging the hell out of this all.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Here's your friendly D00M reminder for tomorrow:

Man, last week Money Heist ended. Now this...
Final season e1: A sort of remember where we were, getting revved up Ep. I did not understand the beginning at all but I imagine they’ll come back to it. It touches bases with all the characters and sends them in the direction of the conclusion. 

I still love the look and feel of this, the darkness of space, the obstacles of 0 g, the crackling engine burn of the ships and the arc of rail gun fire. But mostly it’s the characters. 

I poured myself a shot of writer’s tears and got so engaged that I didn’t finish it. After a good day that took a hairpin turn into really crappy one, Avarasala’s final soliloquy really hit home. Man, how many cigs did she have to smoke to get that voice? She says ‘fucking’ a lot. Next Ep, ima take a shot every time she drops an F bomb. At least then I’ll finish my drink. Gotta live up to my moniker, doncha know?

I read somewhere that there’s only six eps in this final season. I love the Expanse universe and it feels good to be back, even if it’s a short goodbye.
Only 6.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

It was good seeing the crew again.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
e2 Bobby's back in fighting form. The Roci crew is ruthless. 

A set up show - getting things in line for that finale.
E3: nice space fight. 

Nice one for Bobbie. No Drummer tho.
Ep 2: My rule is fast-forward through Marco & Filip dialogs. Any Filip scene, really.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
E4: Holden blows it.. or fails to blow it…and by failing to blow it, he blows it again. He remains my least fav character. 

Drummer kicks ass. Throws down the gauntlet to Marco.

I thought the new colony was going all pet cemetery. Not sure where that going yet.

2 more eps? There’s a lot to wrap up.
E5 penultimate ep. I dunno man, seems like a lot needs to be resolved in the finale. This was a good one tho - nice Bobby & Drummer scenes. A good space fight. Still not sure about the pet cemetery arc but it’s going as predicted. It’s all about who’s got your flank.

And when it comes to mascara, Vikings gots nothing on the Expanse. Drummer alone rocks more mascara the the entire Gikings cast combined.
(01-07-2022, 11:16 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: E5 penultimate ep. I dunno man, seems like a lot needs to be resolved in the finale. This was a good one tho - nice Bobby & Drummer scenes. A good space fight. Still not sure about the pet cemetery arc but it’s going as predicted. It’s all about who’s got your flank.

And when it comes to mascara, Vikings gots nothing on the Expanse. Drummer alone rocks more mascara the the entire Gikings cast combined.

Yeah, she does.  Heart
Aw man srsly? Spellcheck couldn’t pick up gikings?
And how do you choose Giking over Viking? (Auto-defect just changed it from Giking to Hiking)
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

That was a great finale. Excellent final space battle. 

I'm tempted to circle back around and start from the beginning again. Best sci-fi series since Star Trek. 

I still don't understand where they were going with the Pet Cemetery schtick. Maybe it makes sense in the books. Seems like a red herring now.

This show could totally go on. So sad to see it end. 

In the end, it was all about Bobbie and Drummer.
Drummer is hawt.

They left it set up to continue if someone wants to do it. The Pet Sematery kids figure in the later books. Now that Marco got eaten, Duarte is the replacement villain. That’s all from me about this in case some folks are gonna read the rest of the books.

They did a good job, overall, bringing the books to the screen. If the guy who played Alex wasn’t such a creeper, they could have been even closer to the books.

It was top-shelf Space Opera, ans so are the books.

Did anyone catch all the Sci-Fi names on the control board that showed all the raider’s vital signs?