Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Expanse
(05-28-2018, 11:20 PM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote: If you get Sling again, you can get SyFy and season 3 is on demand...!

Ooooh, good intel.  Thanks.

And yes, I'll have to renew my Sling soon fer sure.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I'm finally back on track with this show. Or sort of. I missed the first two episodes of Season Two and I didn't want to venture into the season having missed something. Thankfully, Amazon Prime now carries the first two season, so I was able to watch the missing episodes this weekend. Now, I can watch the rest which have been faithfully sitting on my DVR for the last year.

So, I'm watching The Expanse and I notice in the credits that Thomas Jane stars in this. That name was familiar. For some reason I always think he is actually Adam Baldwin (The man they call Jane) But it's not. Thomas Jane is also the lead in Altered Carbon.

Except Expanse Thomas Jane looks nothing like Altered Carbon Thomas Jane. AC Jane is a mountain of man, hairless and looks like he came out of a lab for super humans. He towers over the rest of the cast. EXP Jane looks like he is one step away from Tuberculoisis and he is matted in hair. And blends into the background. It is quite the one-two.

But I'm getting back into the Expanse, trying to remember what the hell is going on.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I’ve been amazon priming this all along, but I’ve paused in mid S2.

I think what I’m enjoying most about it is that it’s dealing with looming war issues but the different parties are all the same - earthers, belters & martians are all diverse races - and that shows the absurdity.
Thomas Jane is not the lead in Altered Carbon (Joel Kinnamen). He was the lead in the *movie* version of The Punisher. He was also the lead in the *movie* of The Mist.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
I need to stop drinking.

(06-11-2018, 06:42 AM)Greg Wrote: I need to stop drinking.

You sir, need to start.   Icon_jook
I love this show. I've made it to season 3. I'm slowing down watching them because I don't want it to end. It would have been a tragedy to have cancelled this show.

Might have to go read all the books which is good because there are so many of them.

The show just kept getting better. I recommend the books. Great Space Opera and the politics are very well done. I just picked up the latest in trade paper (wasn’t going to shell out for a hard cover).
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
How coincidental.  I just started finishing up Season 2 again last weekend.  I've only got a few more eps to go.  It's like our minds are one.  

Very engaging.  I really like Chrisjen & Amos.  They are my two fav characters.  And Roberta is growing on me but I'm a sucker for her accent.
Look for the “Savage Industries” t-shirts in Season 3. Nerdistan, bayBEE!
Finished Season 2.  Very enjoyable.  Not ready to shell out for Season 3 - hoping it'll appear on a service I already pay for soon.  

But now, I'm out of series to watch.  Well, there's Preacher, but that's week to week.
Westworld?

That series started great, but I don’t have HBO, so I haven’t followed it.
I’m with Ivor. No access to Westworld. Maybe Handmaid’s Tale. Maybe something else. I’ll surely let y’all know.
The tick