Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The Devil wears Prada
#1
If the DM can post kid flick reviews, I can post little girl lost in the big bad city reviews. It's exactly what you expect from the title without any nudity. Anne Hathaway, perky as ever, gets the big job at the fashion magazine, Runway, working for Meryl Streep. Anne eventually sells her soul to become the best Editor's assistant ever. She gets to dress in good clothes as part of the bargain.

Meryl Streep is terrific. It's the reason I rented the movie and I'm glad I did. They should just give her the Oscar every year.

Funny predictable but no nudity.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Reply
#2
Just watched some early nudie clips of Hathaway, and I feel for you.


I miss my Sharon Stone.
--cranefly
Reply
#3
Sharon Stone misses the early Sharon Stone something fierce. Ah for the days of "Total Recall"
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Reply
#4
Ah, for the days of "Action Jackson", my friend; boobies!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Reply
#5
(02-02-2026, 09:30 AM)Greg Wrote: The Devil Wears Prada 2.



Devil wears Prada 2
I remember enjoying the first one mostly because of the cast getting to ham it up. The sequel seemed to tap on the first plotwise but I don’t really remember it. But it was about magazine publishing And the death of print, a topic I can relate to, although my job was nothing like that. The ol’ journalistic integrity vs pandering to advertisers was played out until it was about getting to a happy ending because the rich bought everything out and slashed and burned it all, a translucent shallow take that doesn’t make commentary in the end. Lots of cameos tho. I think this film franchise just allows the filmmakers to throw lavish parties and invite celebs in exchange for cameos. An okay airplane movie because it’s so vacuous. Not D00M recommended unless your on a 10 hour flight and trying to sleep.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Reply
#6
Yes, I did fix your janky quote. I want to see this just because i enjoyed the original so much.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Reply
#7
I've been doing the cut&paste from a reply like usual. Not sure why that's not working anymore. 

I'd caution you to lower your expectations for this sequel.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Reply
#8
I've never been very picky about movies...
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)