Posts: 5,577
Threads: 1,003
Joined: May 2008
Reputation:
2
(03-29-2024, 03:16 PM)King Bob Wrote: I think Levin played the stick when I saw Peter Gabriel, but I might be wrong.
The other San Jose band with the Stick was Dot 3, and that guy could really lay down a groove on it. They were great. Everybody would be dancing. If they had stayed together they could have done well as a touring band.
Yeah, Dot 3 was lots of fun. Like XTC merged with Red Hot Chili Peppers. Great band name for a 3 piece.
Headache, AH!
Headache, AH!
This BIG...
Headache, AH!
I saw them play at the First Strike reunion several years ago. The bass/stick player was the first local I saw that could really play slap bass well. He moved to Australia, so it was a rarity that they played together. IIRC, my friend Chris Mondt joined them onstage playing horns. Another friend of mine, Tony Villador used to be a dancer in the band. They had these giant Tiki or African masks they stood behind. I recall that their drummer played a standing kit. So much Jungle drumming....Guitar player Kenny Schick was a photo student as SJSU, same time as me. I think he lives in Nashville now and still does music/production...
--tg
Posts: 37,671
Threads: 2,764
Joined: Oct 2005
Reputation:
3
Lorde
Take me to the River
(more from the upcoming Talking Heads tribute album)
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Posts: 37,671
Threads: 2,764
Joined: Oct 2005
Reputation:
3
Blackbiird
Beyonce
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Posts: 17,834
Threads: 1,092
Joined: Jan 2016
Reputation:
1
Heigh-Ho (The Dwarfs marching song from Snow White) by Tom Waits.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm
Posts: 37,671
Threads: 2,764
Joined: Oct 2005
Reputation:
3
I have that on CD. Or I had it. Maybe I traded it back.
Waits’ contribution & Vega’s Stay Awake were the best tracks.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Posts: 37,671
Threads: 2,764
Joined: Oct 2005
Reputation:
3
Riptide
Taylor Swift
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Posts: 37,671
Threads: 2,764
Joined: Oct 2005
Reputation:
3
Go Your Own Way
Cranberries
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Posts: 37,671
Threads: 2,764
Joined: Oct 2005
Reputation:
3
Vogue
Rihanna
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Posts: 37,671
Threads: 2,764
Joined: Oct 2005
Reputation:
3
Benny and the Jets
Jacob Lusk
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Posts: 37,671
Threads: 2,764
Joined: Oct 2005
Reputation:
3
Do I wanna know?
Dua Lipa
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Posts: 37,671
Threads: 2,764
Joined: Oct 2005
Reputation:
3
Make you feel my love
Kim Go-eun
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Posts: 5,577
Threads: 1,003
Joined: May 2008
Reputation:
2
Not a cover so much as a performance, but still clever...
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6HrbKvJyhx/
--tg
Posts: 5,577
Threads: 1,003
Joined: May 2008
Reputation:
2
Close to the Edge (Yes)
Too many notes?
--tg
Posts: 37,671
Threads: 2,764
Joined: Oct 2005
Reputation:
3
Unholy
Lizzo
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Posts: 5,577
Threads: 1,003
Joined: May 2008
Reputation:
2
|