10-03-2026, 10:40 AM
More fun with Ne'er do well Thomas Hawkins as he settles into his new life post-prison. Hawkins is a jerk and does nothing to redeem himself. There are a whole bunch of threads flowing through the book. Hawkins gets involved with the leader of the underworld which leads him to do work for the Queen. The Queen is trying to help the King's mistress leave the mistress's husband so she can spend more time with the King, I guess. Meanwhile, Hawkins has trouble with his neighbor who winds up dead and, of course, Hawkins is the prime suspect. He has to solve the murder to clear himself, which doesn't go all together great.
There is another book in this series, but I'm not reading it. I've had enough of Hawkins.
There is another book in this series, but I'm not reading it. I've had enough of Hawkins.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

