09-23-2026, 05:00 AM
For the first four decades of my life, I used to say ‘sleep is for the weak’ but things changed dramatically when I became a parent. Those first few years of no sleep - iykyk. Now sleep is precious. To sleep. What dreams may come…
I’m at svale and Bri crashes early because she gets up early. Tara goes to sleep soon after. This weekend is Monterey Jazz Fest, split in the middle by Laurie Anderson’s show - a big fun weekend of music pushing the edge of the envelope.
Next weekend is Denver for a Shaolin Open. Back in the Shaolin zone.
My brain is just realizing what’s ahead, despite a lot of planning to line up my YMAA & KFM tasks. I’m is ok shape on those fronts. Just shifting gears now to MJF - Laurie - MJF mode. And if woke me up about an hour ago…
I’m at svale and Bri crashes early because she gets up early. Tara goes to sleep soon after. This weekend is Monterey Jazz Fest, split in the middle by Laurie Anderson’s show - a big fun weekend of music pushing the edge of the envelope.
Next weekend is Denver for a Shaolin Open. Back in the Shaolin zone.
My brain is just realizing what’s ahead, despite a lot of planning to line up my YMAA & KFM tasks. I’m is ok shape on those fronts. Just shifting gears now to MJF - Laurie - MJF mode. And if woke me up about an hour ago…
Shadow boxing the apocalypse

