01-26-2023, 12:05 AM
At first, when that couple gets naked and bangs in the woods, I thought the bore a disturbing resemblance to Mr & mrs cf, which gave me pause. But that went a different direction quickly and my misperception was cast aside when they shared that joint.
There was a lot more nudity and swearing than I expected going into it. A one point Stacy popped her head in and gave me her ‘what the heck are you watching?’ comment - not a question because she doesn’t really want to know.
I too enjoyed this. The animation style was unique and it took me a bit to settle into it but once the story got rolling, it started really working for me. I liked how the various cryptids were multicultural and was delighted to be reminded of that oh so Japanese yokai the Baku, the nightmare sucking pig. I loved how the Baku was depicted. I also really liked the gorgon. The kraken was ok - tentacles are always a plus. Missed the yeti entirely but it prolly posted on the wrong thread as yetis do. It was an imaginative story that kept me searching for some sort of moral.
I particularly liked the tarot scene, which I found to be clever and authentic.
Recommended for D00Mer who enjoy unique animation (and I’m not talking pop Pixar).
There was a lot more nudity and swearing than I expected going into it. A one point Stacy popped her head in and gave me her ‘what the heck are you watching?’ comment - not a question because she doesn’t really want to know.
I too enjoyed this. The animation style was unique and it took me a bit to settle into it but once the story got rolling, it started really working for me. I liked how the various cryptids were multicultural and was delighted to be reminded of that oh so Japanese yokai the Baku, the nightmare sucking pig. I loved how the Baku was depicted. I also really liked the gorgon. The kraken was ok - tentacles are always a plus. Missed the yeti entirely but it prolly posted on the wrong thread as yetis do. It was an imaginative story that kept me searching for some sort of moral.
I particularly liked the tarot scene, which I found to be clever and authentic.
Recommended for D00Mer who enjoy unique animation (and I’m not talking pop Pixar).
Shadow boxing the apocalypse

