The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1640 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1640 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree




Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Shrek the Third
#1
It was a family event, which is very rare in my life because everyone is so busy. My mom, who had never seen any Shrek film before, laughed a lot. My wife enjoyed seeing a movie on the big screen with our kid. My dad kept his eyes on the popcorn. My kid loved it. I enjoyed it although it would have been a little better had I not read so many spoilers in the reviews. It could have used a little less Timberlake and a little more princesses. I have new respect for Snow White. The puss and donkey thing gave me a chuckle or two. Nice to hear two of the pythons reunite, even if Cleese phoned that one in and Idle overdid it like usual and they were no where near each other in any of the scenes. I missed Waits as Hook. The new Hook wasn't nearly as effective (and I think that was the only notable voice actor change).

It's a lot like 2 - a true sequel - plenty of references to the previous films and that same quick witty humor. Puss still kills me. If you liked 2 (tQ), you'll probably like this. If you didn't like 2 (HK, our resident cartoon snob), you'll hate this one too. There are plenty of loose ends (still not sure what happened to the boat captain) and another sequel could be made.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)