Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The Land of Laughs by Jonathan Carroll
#1
Another book about an author, and a place where things in the author's books are real. This one has a twist on the usual take, coming midway through. Good writing and fairly entertaining. Particularly good developing the two main characters. Since I've read a couple of books fairly recently on the same theme, I wasn't totally taken with this one. It was written in 1980, so it predates the others. Had I read it then, I think I would have been floored.

The author is fairly prolific and I wouldn't be surprised if CF, Greg or the Yeti had read something of his - nothing comes up in the forum search though.

Doom recommended? Maybe if you like the theme. Decent fantasy and a quick read.
the hands that guide me are invisible
Reply


Messages In This Thread
The Land of Laughs by Jonathan Carroll - by King Bob - 06-22-2021, 07:52 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)