04-08-2021, 06:32 PM
Well, I ordered some stuff. You know, tub transfer bench, post-op hip kit (grabbers, long shoe horn, etc.), so on. Some of this I could have gotten cheaper at Homestead/Lawrence Kaiser. But that doesn't strike me as a fun shopping experience. So I used Amazon.
And now the phone calls are nonstop, the number always different, purportedly from Amazon, about a suspicious big charge from Akron OH, and please call to dispute it or you'll be charged.
All day, the same message but from different numbers.
So, a warning if you get in this boat. Amazon is super-convenient, but if you buy something from them that suggests frailty, someone's likely selling your info on the sly to a robocaller targeting the frail and the elderly. Could be Amazon, could be the specific store I bought from.
That's my strong suspicion.
P.S. I try to avoid Amazon, but damn they are convenient.
And now the phone calls are nonstop, the number always different, purportedly from Amazon, about a suspicious big charge from Akron OH, and please call to dispute it or you'll be charged.
All day, the same message but from different numbers.
So, a warning if you get in this boat. Amazon is super-convenient, but if you buy something from them that suggests frailty, someone's likely selling your info on the sly to a robocaller targeting the frail and the elderly. Could be Amazon, could be the specific store I bought from.
That's my strong suspicion.
P.S. I try to avoid Amazon, but damn they are convenient.
