The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1640 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1640 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree




Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Dreamgirls
#9
I really enjoyed it. Despite the hype, I honestly wasn't expecting to like it because, it's a musical and there are very few musicals I really like. (I liked Moulin Rouge on film, and Sweeney Todd on the stage, and I like the songs from some other standard Rogers and Hammersteins, West Side Story, Fiddler, etc., but in terms of being entertained by the whole production, I really don't like most musicals.) But I really liked it. I'm tempted to visit iTunes and download some of the songs.

I'm not an American Idol person, so I barely knew who Jennifer Hudson was. I assumed she probably had a decent voice. I was blown away. Just -- wow. I wanted to blow away the costume designer for what she made poor Jennifer wear during Effie's big song, in the breaking up with the group scene.

Beyonce was her character and not just Beyonce. The vast majority of the time I didn't even recognize her as Beyonce.

Eddie Murphy seriously surprised me. His singing was very good, his acting really had some major moments.

All the white people in this movie were very creepy!

There were some eyeroller moments -- the brother's big solo with the "it's not all about you, we're family so just forget about what's good for you and be part of the group effort" song was pretty bad, and the waving by the audience in the farewell performance scene was the corniest thing I've seen since Captain Von Trapp's kids said goodnight at the party and the guests waved back at them.

It could have used a bit more editing -- runs a little long. But I'm very excited to be able to recommend a film that Greg worked on to my friends and family and let them know to stay for the credits so they can see CONSTRUCTION FOREMAN - GREG LYNCH, despite the fact that they run longer than the movie. Tip: don't get the jumbo-sized drink.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)