The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1640 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1640 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree




Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I'm more broken than you
I now have a temp crown on the molar, will go back in two weeks for a perm.
It was interesting watching the dentist work alone on me.  She's young, but very skilled.  She has a loud clear voice, which I appreciate because of my poor hearing.  The problem is, in dealing with eyeglasses on a lanyard, a mask, and hearing aids that hook behind the ear, the hearing aids are just a tangly bother so I pocket them, and then the dentist is wearing a mask that muffles her voice.  So, it's hard to hear her, and follow instructions.

Early on she was asking something and I couldn't figure it out.  She kept repeating it.  Then I understood: "Do you gag easily?"  I told her no, hoping it was true, all the while having images of Linda Lovelace sitting in my place and answering that question.  Anyway, the dentist put some contraption in my mouth that forced it wide and kept it there, and fixed a suction hose way back to get saliva and water and debris.

She worked faster than I would have thought and finished in under an hour.  It's a good solid temp.  Like I say, she's very skilled.  But expensive.

A couple friends keep urging me to get a dentist in Modesto, telling me that the low cost will more than offset the inconvenience of a long drive.  A bit tempting, but I trust this dentist, and I've had a couple friends who've had nightmare experiences with incompetent ones.
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)