The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1640 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1640 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree




Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I'm more broken than you
Quote:ED says:
Wait - You have a new 46" TV and haven't scheduled a DOOM gathering? WTF?

Yeah, well. Here's the thing. Because my hearing isn't the greatest, I got a soundbar with subwoofer and satellite speakers to go with the TV. A very respectable sound system. The biggest complaint I've read about it is that the wires from the subwoofer to the satellite speakers are a tad short for a lot of setups. That includes our living room.

To make it work, I had to run the left speaker wire across the carpet in front of the hall doorway, rather than up and around. Yep, the wires are that short.

So anyway -- and you should know this is coming -- a couple weeks ago I tripped over that wire (Lady Cranefly and I take turns), and rather than it hold tight, sending me headfirst into the TV, the RCA plug totally tore out of the subwoofer. Yep, brand new, and I managed to wreck it.

I looked into soldering it back together, but gave up and tracked down a replacement part. That recently arrived, and I've got it all working again just fine. I even bought a longer wire for the left speaker, which now runs up and over the hallway door.

All of which is a secret Turing cypher meaning: DOOM night!

P.S. BYOTDD (bring your own tripwire-detection devices).
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)