04-08-2013, 09:23 AM
Also known as the Diabetes conundrum.
Diabetes two is linked to weight. Basically your body, notably your pancreas, decides that it is too heavy and as a protest will stop producing insulin to help break down the sugar in your body. This leads to big blocks of sugar in your blood stream which is bad.
To alleviate this, you take a big handful of pills to help spur your pancreas to producing more insulin. Or you lose weight to take the pressure off the pancreas, probably the more effective and healthy treatment.
Since my doctor used the word horrific in describing the state of my diabetes, I have opted for eating less and exercising more. Combined with my medicine cocktail, it seems to be working. Maybe working a little too well.
Not having enough sugar in the body is just as bad as having too much. Which leads me to the conundrum which I faced last night. I need to eat less to get my pancreas working right, but eating less doesn't leave enough sugar in my body at certain times of the day. This means I have to eat more. Eating helps but eating hurts.
Diabetes two is linked to weight. Basically your body, notably your pancreas, decides that it is too heavy and as a protest will stop producing insulin to help break down the sugar in your body. This leads to big blocks of sugar in your blood stream which is bad.
To alleviate this, you take a big handful of pills to help spur your pancreas to producing more insulin. Or you lose weight to take the pressure off the pancreas, probably the more effective and healthy treatment.
Since my doctor used the word horrific in describing the state of my diabetes, I have opted for eating less and exercising more. Combined with my medicine cocktail, it seems to be working. Maybe working a little too well.
Not having enough sugar in the body is just as bad as having too much. Which leads me to the conundrum which I faced last night. I need to eat less to get my pancreas working right, but eating less doesn't leave enough sugar in my body at certain times of the day. This means I have to eat more. Eating helps but eating hurts.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit

