The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1640 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1640 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree




Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Argo
#3
No swordfights, bollywood numbers, fiery redheads or spitting blood and I was still entertained.

Goodman is killing it - loved him in Flight, enjoyed him here. Arkin was funny too, as always. Garber was good too, although he was the same stoic character he almost always plays. As for Ben, well, I did appreciate a spook being depicted as low key instead of some sexy Bond-ish hero, and his relationship to his son, although cliche, worked for me because there were Star Wars references. The story was interesting, albeit somewhat predictable. I really liked the whole retro 80s feel, right down to the sound of electric typewriters. The symbolism of the housemaid immigrating to Iraq at the end was good.

I can see why it won Best Pic. Hollywood saves the day. Hollywood is so self-centered that way.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)