The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1640 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1640 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree




Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Black Swan
#5
I also thought it was a good movie but expected it to be far better.
The story seemed a bit too predictable because you know it will follow the contours of Swan Lake. But the bigger problem was Natalie Portman's character. Not Natalie the actress, who was superb, but the character she portrayed. I wished she was a more interesting person. She wasn't exactly the world's greatest conversationalist; she didn't have much of a sense of humor; she did not play well with others. She barely knew how to masturbate. No hobbies, no goals spare one. And yes, she was supposed to be an innocent neophyte, and I suppose her one goal should have been enough, but it wasn't -- not for me. She struck me as a cold limp fish in the beak of the swan she should have been.

I did enjoy the movie, by the way, and was very impressed by Natalie and also by Vincent Cassel. I just felt the main character was too single-dimensional to carry the story.

P.S. My favorite Aronofsky movie is Requiem for a Dream, which totally blew me away.
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)