Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The Shaolin Zone
Did not see that curve ball coming…
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Reply
I missed my connection in sin city. I had an hour plus between landing and boarding but the taxiing and de-boarding reduced that to about a 15 min sprint from terminal E to D which is physically impossible even if you make the tram immediately. Got to the counter and it was empty. There was a QR code that led to a phone number that led to an ai text message that went around in circles until another counter opened up. She directed me to her manager at the next counter who dodged any responsibility and sent me out to ticketing. The info booth just closed and the info touch screen was offline. I finally got to the ticketing and was told thr next flight was today at 10am. I went to southwest (the old terminal) but all flights were sold out. For $300+ I could get a flight to phoenix then to SJC and arrive at 7am. Nope. I fell back on the wulin and a wushu champ who is working on a show at the Wynn rescued me. Another good Shaolin friend was also ready to help, but he’s a family man so it would’ve been more disruptive (they know each other) It timed out perfectly because the wushu champ just got home and doesn’t go into until later tomorrow. We went out to Shinjuku ramen which was perfect. Then over to his bachelor pad which is full of anime and Pokémon nerd stuff. 

Time to sleep. This is the one time I did not pack extra meds.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Reply
4.5 hour flight home became a 18 hour trip.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Reply
(10-05-2026, 11:00 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: 4.5 hour flight home became a 18 hour trip.

Was it also strange?

--tg
Reply
(10-05-2026, 12:26 PM)thatguy Wrote:
(10-05-2026, 11:00 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: 4.5 hour flight home became a 18 hour trip.

Was it also strange?

--tg

More like exhausting

And oddly reaffirming.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Reply
I should stay up because if I go to sleep now, I’ll wake up in the middle of the night. 

But my own bed is so comfy. Two nights of sleeping with Shaolin monks then a night sleeping on an air mattress surrounded by anime figurines and serious collector Pokémon cards (like the crazy expensive ones that you frame). But my own bed … so comfy…
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Reply
Just as I was about to drift off, Stacy came back from yoga and I woke. I’ve managed to fold my laundry and stay up for 2 more hours, and while it’s only a quarter past 9, I must sleep now.

Last night I had some brutal shin cramps that curled my left toes up like a question mark. It took some time to relax enough to get to sleep. All that dashing across LAS with my stuffed backpack luggage carrying a full bag of two heavy hoodies I was gifted took its toll.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Reply
Awww damn…
Woke with a full bladder but I’ve been taking in a lot of fluids to compensate for Denver’s dehydration. At least I’m peeing, right?
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)