Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Support your local pie maker
https://www.wwnytv.com/2024/02/23/tesla-...s-dollars/

Quote:Tesla cancels 4,000 pie order at last minute, leaving small bakery out thousands of dollars

Akim Powell
Published: Feb. 23, 2024 at 10:57 AM PST

[Image: W5I2FFSAEVCQNIYLORA6VYCEVQ.jpg?auth=647f...smart=true]
A small California bakery is left picking up the pieces after Tesla unexpectedly canceled a 4,000 pie order at the last minute.

SAN JOSE, Calif. (Gray News) - A small California bakery is out thousands of dollars after Tesla unexpectedly canceled a 4,000 pie order at the last minute.
Voahangy Rasetarinera, who owns Giving Pies in San Jose, said the bakery got a last-minute order on Valentine’s Day from Tesla, the electric car company co-owned by Elon Musk. 

Rasetarinera told KTVU that Tesla contacted her to order 2,000 mini pies for about $6,000, with half to be delivered on Tuesday and the other half on Thursday. According to the owner, that’s short notice for the business; but she agreed. 

After not hearing back, she reached out again and sent the invoice multiple times to multiple people. The company apologized for the delayed payment and asked to double the order to 4,000 pies, KRON4 reported.

“So I contacted my staff, and they’re like ‘Yes, we can work on Saturday, on Sunday, on Monday. We can get it done. No problem,’” she said.
Raseterinera said she and her staff got to work. However, after submitting a new invoice, she never received the payment.

The next day, the Tesla representative canceled the order, telling the owner that “it, unfortunately, sounds like we will be changing plans and will not be needing this order.”

Frustrated and angry, she posted about her experience. In an Instagram post, she said she turned down other catering gigs and purchased supplies to prepare.
Tesla saw the post and reached out. They offered to find a way to still buy pies from her by catering for other events. However, they have yet to approve the request.

Copyright 2024 Gray Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved.

Apparently they are in Willow Glen and people at work say they make good pies...

--tg

An aside...did you know the alternate ending to Dr. Stranglove involved a pie fight in the war room? 

--tg
I saw that place in the Merc a few months ago but haven't been out there. They are someplace on Willow, and make a variety of small pies, like palm sized. But I gave up sweets for Lent, so it will have to wait.

I saw that on the news and my first thought was, "You didn't get a contract for that?"
the hands that guide me are invisible
You gave up sweets for lent? wtf? Did you do the ash cross on your forehead too? I'd like to see a pic of that. 

I gave up sweets for diabetes.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Well, Christina grew up Catholic and always gives up chocolate for Lent, and I started doing the same years ago, but since I don't eat all that much chocolate it didn't seem like much of a sacrifice, so I made it broader. A little sacrifice occasionally is good. That's my only Christian thing - no church etc.
the hands that guide me are invisible
I just gave up.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

(02-23-2024, 03:43 PM)Greg Wrote: I just gave up.

fair
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
(02-23-2024, 02:50 PM)King Bob Wrote: A little sacrifice occasionally is good.

You could do other sacrifices, like casting virgins into volcanos and such...It's good to have options

--tg