Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Russo’s Almost Dead
@ Frost

Fruit Bats opener. It’s less than half full, but a pleasant evening. Shoulda brought earplugs for Stacy. You’d think I’d remember after all these years but I keep them in my RM jacket which I’m not wearing now.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
We got earplugs at medical. Who’d a thunk?

JRAD lives up to its name - almost dead. They’ve got the jams down. Joe is a remarkable drummer. Their bass and keys are solid too - keys uses a grand and a Hammond proficiently. The jams are tricky, lots of red herrings, lots of homages to rock classics. Hairpin musical turns. Their vocalist does a spot on Bobby. The only thing lacking is that transcendent soulfulness - they can’t handle the power ballads. It’s the strongest at capturing that dead sound - almost dead - arguably better than Dead & Co but I had many issues with Meyer until the very end. 

Very enjoyable overall. We both will go again next time JRAD passes thru.

2nd that emotion > Minglewood > let it grow > cats under stars > here comes sunshine > fruit bats lead singer (country Van Morrison) such a buzzkill

Lost sailor 
Foolish heart > eyes > music never stopped > morning dew 
Another fruit bats lead song to close so we left as soon as it started - we could hear it on our walk back to the car and were pleased that we left when we did
(10-14-2023, 12:05 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: JRAD lives up to its name - almost dead. They’ve got the jams down. Joe is a remarkable drummer. Their bass and keys are solid too - keys uses a grand and a Hammond proficiently. The jams are tricky, lots of red herrings, lots of homages to rock classics. Hairpin musical turns. Their vocalist does a spot on Bobby. The only thing lacking is that transcendent soulfulness - they can’t handle the power ballads. It’s the strongest at capturing that dead sound - almost dead - arguably better than Dead & Co but I had many issues with Meyer until the very end. 

“I’m not Dead yet!”

—tg
Joe Russo for me means half of the Russo Brothers who are currently making big budget action movies like Avengers: Endgame and Gal Gadot's latest.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Dead tribute bands are my methadone