Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House of Nanking
Never been.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Dude! Next time you're near Chinatown, you must give it a try. 

There's also a museum you should check out. That's on the other side of Chinatown tho...
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Hmmm, never heard of it.

I'm sure there are tons of gaps in my need to visit places in SF. I keep thinking it's time to spend a couple of days playing tourist in the city.

You'd hate it -- there's *people* there.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
I knew there was a catch.

Yeah, HoN usually has a line outside and it’s tight seating. I remember it was even tighter before the did the expansion. But it’s damn good food, totally worth it. Their scallion pancakes are the bomb. And their menu isn’t pricey. It’s about average for Chinese food. 

Well, at least it was prior to this docuseries…
It was my go-to place for outta towners who wanted Chinese food.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Likewise.
I learned of HoN from an out-of-towner from Boston. I haven't been in ages...last time was with my kids for my birthday. The blooming flower tea was a hit...

--tg
This place is still amazing. Prices seemed a tad higher. And now the walls are covered with photos of Keanu from when he ate there whilst filming the last Matrix movie, as well as photos from their Food Network show. We had the onion cakes, garlic fish and house noodles and each dish was superb. I don’t know what it is about their flavoring but they just nail every dish.

The only thing that doesn’t impress me is the flowering tea. It’s amusing but not a great tea. Flowering teas seldom are that good - it’s just about the flower opening and my guest had a flower fail.
The Queen received a flowering tea as a Christmas present complete with clear tea pot. The whole kit is still in the cabinet.