It's what's for breakfast
[Image: 9821f1b9cff47b1fb45b5a90f358629f.png]

--tg
no

~DM
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
(05-24-2023, 10:54 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: no

~DM

Oh, DM, I think you doth protest too much. We all know how you secretly pine for a burly Scotsman in a kilt.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Truth.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Quote:OKS
[Image: c_263.jpg]
Introduced in 1959

See the Top 100 Breakfast Cereals.

OKs Cereal was promoted as "the best in oats". The cereal pieces came in the shapes of the letters "O" and "K" and were said to taste similar the Cheerios. In fact, most cereal-historians believe OKs Cereal was a failed attempt by Kellogg's to nab some of the market from General Mill's very popular Cheerios.

When the cereal was first introduced in 1959, the cereal box featured a character named Big Otis, a muscular man dressed in traditional Scottish apparel. As the cereal moved into the 1960's, Hanna-Barbera's popular cartoon character Yogi Bear became the face of the cereal. Yogi was usually pictured flexing his biceps, appearing much more muscular than he did in cartoons.

Around 1962, Kellogg's decided to discontinue OKs. The company's product development team was asked to create another cereal that could use the same equipment that made the "O"s in OKs. In 1963, Kellogg's introduced that cereal... Froot Loops.

Know premiums In OKs Cereal:

"Pin-Me-Ups" - In 1962, the backs of specially-marked packages of Kellogg's Corn Flakes and OKs cereals featured large cut-out pictures of characters from Hanna-Barbera including Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound and Mr. Jinks.

Free Flip Face - Cut out panels on the back of the box. When put together the dual-sided panels made the face of certain Hanna-Barbera characters.

Also: Wheelzafun box-back-cut-out, Hanna-Barbera Flip Flop Comics, baloon-powered "runaway" locomotive offer, a Yogi Bear cut-out statue, a send-away offer for Lotus Ford Racer model, a magic moon garden offers, a cut-out spacecraft and a Yogi Bear Mystery Message De-Coder.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
(05-30-2023, 07:27 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote:
Quote:OKS
[Image: c_263.jpg]

I would have named the cereal "KOs"...I mean come on...you've got Big Otis showing off his muscles. "OK" seems a pretty meek response. 

Quote:Around 1962, Kellogg's decided to discontinue OKs. The company's product development team was asked to create another cereal that could use the same equipment that made the "O"s in OKs. In 1963, Kellogg's introduced that cereal... Froot Loops.

They could have put out a niche cereal for a baseball shutout, or  "KKKs" even...

--tg