Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tea
I don't immediately see a thread for this, and tea is hard to search for, so here we are.

So I'm in my room diligently entering edits on a dusted-off novella.  I'm on page 48, for what it's worth.  Suddenly LCF enters my room.  She says she was making tea (a bland standard variety--sorry nothing exotic) and she used my mug by mistake, so here, have some tea.  Whereupon she hands me the mug.

Within two seconds I realize it's way hotter than I can handle.  Showers for us are negotiated affairs.  I'd burn in hell if she had her preferences.  Only there's no negotiation here.

I want to set it down, but my desktop is heaped with papers and hidden pens and cords and--  Well, it's lumpy.  I'm holding the mug by the bottom and trying franticallly to regrip it near the top, only it's very full and hot there as well, and I'm tipping and spilling it onto my fingertips and manuscript.

Finally,. awkwardly, LCF retakes the mug and presents it me handle first.

I thank her profusely for the mug of tea and get back to work.
I'm nobody's pony.
Well, you've opened up quite a kettle of fish tea* with this new thread. 

* Fish tea is a thing. It's what Jamaicans call fish broth based soups, which is a common staple because it's an island. This is the week of Bob Marley's birthday so all my reggae radio programs have been busting out Bob and I'm in the thick of it.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Mercinret ™
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
(02-09-2023, 09:55 PM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote: Mercinret ™

beware…
I drink tea every day at work, partly because coffee got too expensive in the Student Union, and because my office is cold in the winter. Green tea today. Sometimes ginger. I tried ginger with turmeric but it's not as good, and I think it makes me thirsty. Next time we go to H Mart I'm going to look for dried ginger and use that instead so I can also eat the ginger when my tea is done. And a hard no to the fish tea.
the hands that guide me are invisible
I drink tea every day too. Typically Earl Grey (Hot!), English Breakfast, Irish Breakfast, or some loose leaf green or white tea. I drink turmeric at night (and I do like the turmeric ginger blends), mint, or camomile. 

Fish tea is delicious. Don't think of it as tea. Think of it as soup in a cup.
For some reason that reminds me of the last verse of Gentle on my Mind - "I dip my cup of soup back from a gurglin' cracklin' cauldron in some train yard"
the hands that guide me are invisible
Reminds me of JAH Thomas

sum a hit di curry pyot
an sum a drink di fish tea
di dreadlocks inna corner
dem a smoke di sensi
dey smoke di sensi and den they feel iris
dey feel irie can nyah go wreck di party