Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brain circus insomnia
I’ve suffered from insomnia all my life. My ol’ brain circus has been keeping me up a lot more during the shelter in place. Tonight is bad again. I’ve been in bed for hours, tossing and turning, hoping to lose consciousness. The nitecap failed. The lack of nite cheese didn’t help. Messaged some fellow nite owls completely unintentionally (just answered some messages that I had been putting off and they responded). I just dropped some melatonin which will typically put me down for one circadian cycle but it’s not that restful. Other sleep aids mess me up well into the next day, worse than just staying up.

I’ve been meaning to start this thread for years. Another place where I can tweak on y’all. Hopefully this won’t go for pages and pages like my other tweaked threads, but it probably will.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
A tweaker tweaks.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Stacy bought me some smoked gouda. Tonight I have nite cheese. 

She takes such good care of me.
That’s a fine woman ya got there.

Don’t forget to get the whole set!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
It's taking all my will power not to eat the whole chunk of smoked gouda nite cheese tonight. I'd regret it tomorrow if I did. That would be way too much dairy fat for me in one sitting. And I'd be out of nite cheese again. Gotta pace oneself during these tough times.
I’m drinking my coffee and eyeing my Night Cheese. Not a big piece, so it will all go tonight. Old Amsterdam gouda with Flavor Crystals ™
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Gouda all around.

Lately, I've been crashing just after midnight - not like last night when I couldn't sleep until 2 or so. I've had my night cheese tho so I think I can nod off soon.
I took a short nap after my bath this afternoon and am paying for it now. Already nite cheesed and a few vodka swigs deep but don’t want to drop any melatonin because I must get up early later today. My brain is squirming like a toad about the upcoming week. It’s not like I have too much out of the ordinary either. It’s just that my mind does that a lot nowadays.
Deep, and sometimes subtle, stress during these times.
Stacy heard that cracked teeth are on the rise according to some dental savvy friend of hers, and that this is stress related 

My pattern of late has been to either stay up past midnight or crash earlier, only for a dream fragment, then to wake up again. Tonight’s dream frat was me retelling my Shaolin Temple tea drinking stories to a hipster tea connoisseur friend who’s planning on labeling his own puer tea cakes. As if I need to hear myself tell my hackneyed tales repeated again. I know o dreamt this because there’s an Instructor’s meeting for my Kung Fu academy (first time they’ve done something like this since I’ve been there) and they are planning some sort of tea service. 

I think I need another nitecap.
In a normal year, getting in at 1:30 am on a weekend morning would be acceptable if I was coming home from some show in SF or Oaktown.

In 2020, it’s a waste of consciousness.
More booze.

And cheese
Man, at 10ish I was nodding off at the end of the flick I was watched so it was lights out. But then my brain was still squirming so I surfed the web a bit - I should never do that before sleeping. While scrolling through EvH remembrances I saw an acquaintance post that an old friend just passed. Looking for confirmation from his students. Now my brain circus is lit.
After a scrumptious 25th anniversary dinner (takeout from Laili’s - I love their trout) we watched a French film and went to bed early. Whenever I go to sleep before 11ish, I pop awake in a few hours after completing a circadian cycle ... which is where I am now. 

I read a bit and got sleepy again but popped awake once more after taking my glasses off and closing my book. Surfed the webz a bit - a terrible addiction - worse than drugs. 

Maybe I should read more? I disdain reading to put myself to sleep because I think it’s a bad habit. Still full from dinner so no room for night cheese (although the fridge cheese drawer is well stocked with smoked Gouda, Irish cheddar & Brie). A nitecap? I could always get my laptop and start on today’s work tasks. Maybe I’ll just babble on DOOM some more. 

Early morning decisions...
Damnation. Went to bed at nearly midnight and popped awake at 3:30 anyway.