• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOOM art
Quote:[Image: more-the-merrier-front-copy_1.jpg?1539226048]

More the Merrier: Salon Style Exhibition and Art Sale
Opening Reception: Friday, November 2, 2018, 6pm - 9pm
Music by guitarist Jon Rubin and violinist David Boyden

Closing Reception: Friday, December 7, 2018, 6pm - 9pm
Music by Paolozzi Tango Trio

Please join us for a wonderful evening with wonderful affordable art, great live music and food!

Artists:
Lynn Aisawa, Cat Aviña, Teresa Beyer, Anika Bhatia, Shone Chacko, Dotti Cichon, Brady Damian, Dharmesh Desai, Jemal Diamond, Heather Deyling, Carolann Espino, Vera Fainshtein, Roberto Fierro, GalexSea Artworks, Sonia Garcia, Cody Garza, Christine Gray, Dana Harris Seeger, Caden Hastings-Dennis, HDR Photography, Amy Hibbs, Chris Imai, Jonathan Kermit, Janice Lambert, Julie Novakofski, Gianfranco Paolozzi, Elizabeth Patrician, Al Preciado, Zlata Rabinovich, Sahana Rajmohan, Nik Ratford, Gwen Reyes, Bob Rose, Elle Skinner, Hema Sukumar

Art Ark Gallery

1035 S. 6th Street
San Jose, CA 95112
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Holy Crap! I have a few originals by Bob Rose AND one of a limited edition artist-approved release of coffee cups! Will the artist be there? I need a signature on my coffee cup to get it listed at Sotheby's.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
Right?

I wonder if there will be a video player where we could show Tetsuo...
KB grammed me.  He said he'll be there on Nov 2 from 6 to 9 or 10.  You up for this, ed?  Maybe we could grab some dinner and/or drinks in San Jo or something?  It's on my way home so I'm planning on it. 

The only fly in the ointment is my master's visit.  I don't know his schedule yet and he'll be here for a week and a half starting on Halloween.
Not to discourage you, but this show is extremely hit or miss. Some good work, but a bunch of crap too. If you come, be aware that parking can be difficult over there (6th St between Bestor and Keyes, near Spartan Stadium). Earlier in the evening is sometimes easier. It would probably be easier for you just to wait until the show comes down and then come see the work at my house - I keep most of it hanging in the garage.
the hands that guide me are invisible
We're more interesting in seeing you, brother.  

That and being affectatious art connoisseurs.
Art show (possibly awful)? Drinks with DM? KB interaction? What's not to love?

My South Bay savvy is obsolete, so I'll let you or KB suggest a place to hook up. Maybe a 4:00 - 4:30 meetup? I'm not sure how close we want to cut to the 6:00PM start time. Is there a dress code? I have an Indonesian button-up tiger shirt made of silk or polyester or something.

I'll bring a Sharpie and my mug.
I dunno that area either. Maybe we can find another bear bar like that one we ended up at in SF before some show so many years ago. 4 works for me tho. 

Ohhhh what to wear? Hadn’t even thought about that. Thanks for the reminder.
OK then,

How about just a beer or two here:

S&H Keyes Club

https://goo.gl/maps/EWovZcmCAZQ2

There doesn't seem to be a plethora of food options in the area.
There's also a brewery on 7th pretty near there: Hermitage Brewing and another on 10th a little further away: Strike Brewing although I'm not sure if DM still drinks beer.

Food over there I don't know; I always eat at home before I go. I looked at the map and found a Pho place at 10th and Keyes (Pho Tau Bay), and a Mexican place at 3rd and Keyes (Carnitas El Rincon). And another Mexican place on 7th and Phelan (Antojitos Los Tres Poblanitos), and that's right by Hermitage Brewing.

Art Ark is a non-profit space, so you won't see anybody dressed up like you might at a nice commercial gallery, so no need to change from your work clothes. Lots of art students, so that style predominates. I'm considering wearing a shirt with a collar, which I hardly ever do, but I might not. I'll wear my nicer pants.
the hands that guide me are invisible
(10-25-2018, 01:41 PM)King Bob Wrote: I'll wear my nicer pants.

Hold the phone.  We gotta wear pants?  Dealbreaker.

Just kidding.  

I still might dress pretentiously just because I'm a reality TV star and that's what we do.  I'll tell my film crew to take the night off however.  I do not drink beer anymore and I'm still pescatarian, but I can usually find something to gnaw so no worries.  I guess the bear bar suggestion is out?

Just kidding again.  Really.  I haven't had the chance to look at that 'hood in ages and am completely naive to what might be available.  I'm pretty flexible.  It's more about seeing you guys.
I vote for Strike Brewing because they open at 3PM (Hermitage is 4PM). We can meet 'twixt 4 - 4:30 at Strike, have a pint and decide if we want to go 'Pho' some food! Thoughts?
(10-31-2018, 10:15 AM)El Dingo Wrote: I vote for Strike Brewing because they open at 3PM (Hermitage is 4PM). We can meet 'twixt 4 - 4:30 at Strike, have a pint and decide if we want to go 'Pho' some food! Thoughts?

Sounds great.  I'm all in.  

https://www.strikebrewingco.com/
I got my most pretentious art shirt on, so pretentious that one of our graphic artists smirked 'nice shirt' when he came in, and we've worked together for like 2 decades now.  And I even put on pants.  Tight pants.  Kinda uncomfortably tight.  Skinny hipster jeans.  Almost as tight as knickers.  

See ya at Strike around 4.
This was a hoot. DM and I got to hang out at a SJ brewery operating out of a warehouse. We then migrated to the Ark Gallery a few blocks away and embarrassed Bob by loudly commenting that everyone else's art was shit and they shouldn't quit their day jobs at Wendy's.

Bob - I'm still waiting on the photo of the Snake piece ( magpie13x@yahoo.com )