Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man at Arms: Art of War
I'm still a couple of episodes behind but the "Weapons of Kung-Fu" was very entertaining. Watching DM kill defenseless bamboo faster than a baseball hitter can launch a ball was a hoot! I think what makes the show is Danny's enthusiasm. He has no problem handing over control to the panel or demonstrator then gets giddy when he gets his turn.

Fingers crossed for season 3.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
Thanks for tuning in.

Yeah, it's all about Danny.  The BTS thing is that he's genuinely like that.  He keeps us all centered and focused, sometimes more so than the directors, and he loves the mayhem of it all.  

It's also all about Rebel, because his passion for forging keeps El Rey invested.  Robert is very proud of him (and well he should be - Rebel is amazingly grounded considering his lineage).  Through the show, Rebel gets amazing smithing lessons and Robert gets more programming. 

And just for the record, that bamboo wasn't defenseless.  Have you seen how fast that stuff grows?  It's so invasive that you can get fined for growing it without thick yard-deep plastic containment.  I've grown it at our Macbeth house.  You gotta cull that herd constantly or it'll take over everything.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
[Image: Du0Iz0AVsAAaVkx.jpg:large]

I guess I shoulda given up a smiling shot.  

Danny really is that big in comparison to the rest of us.
Sweet.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

It’s interesting that Diana is included in front and Crystal in back. Also interesting that Da’Mon and Kerry are omitted. I’m just happy to be included as the token Asian.
You've done a lot of token!

Ima token o’ DOOM
No I still haven't heard about renewal for Season 3.  I chatted with our showrunner a few weeks ago.  The treatment was submitted for 13 eps last December and originally I was told to keep April free, but we still have not heard and April is off.  We haven't been cancelled, so there's still hope.

Meanwhile, I just happened to catch Season 2 episode 1 on El Rey this morning.  I realized I never saw the final cut, just a rush (thanks VRV  Angry ).  

El Rey runs M@A:AoW repeats on Saturday mornings, just like cartoons.
When people ask me what's happening with the show. I say "I don't know. I think Danny might be too busy."  

Yeah he is. He's too busy being a freakin hero.

Quote:Actor Danny Trejo saves a trapped baby from an overturned car
[/url][Image: 181113212735-amanda-jackson-profile-photo-small-11.jpg]
[url=https://www.cnn.com/profiles/amanda-jackson-profile]
By Amanda Jackson and Braden Walker, CNN

Updated 9:58 PM ET, Wed August 7, 2019

[img=714x0]https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/190807204505-danny-trejo-exlarge-169.jpg[/img]
Danny Trejo at San Diego Comic-Con 2019.

(CNN)One of Hollywood's best-known villains, Danny Trejo, came to the rescue of a baby that was trapped in an overturned vehicle in Los Angeles.
It wasn't a stunt for an upcoming movie. It happened in real life on Wednesday.
The actor jumped into action after witnessing two vehicles crash causing one to rollover. The overturned vehicle that was sitting on its roof still had a baby strapped into a car seat inside.
[img=714x0]https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/190807210832-danny-trejo-saves-child-exlarge-169.jpg[/img]
An car lies on its roof at the scene of Wednesday's accident.
Trejo said he tried crawling in through a broken window but couldn't get the seat belt unhooked. With the help of another bystander, Monica Jackson, they were able to free the child.
"The only thing that saved the little kid was his car seat," Trejo told a photographer on the scene.
The Los Angeles Fire Department told CNN affiliate KABC that three people were taken to a hospital. Their injuries were not life threatening.
"Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else," Trejo told CNN affiliate KABC. "Everything."
And yea, I'm annoyed I missed him at SDCC.
Quote:[Image: 35a29e86-204f-4ce6-a701-efa33dc0a357.png]
MILL VALLEY FILM FESTIVAL ANNOUNCES
THE US & INTERNATIONAL PREMIERE OF

INMATE #1: THE RISE OF DANNY TREJO

ON STAGE CONVERSATION WITH 
DANNY TREJO
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2019

[Image: 57e21c16-b209-4b6f-9583-4788660fd8bc.jpg]
The Mill Valley Film Festival is proud to announce a Special Presentation of the US & International Premiere of INMATE #1: THE RISE OF DANNY TREJO, featuring an onstage conversation with star DANNY TREJO.

About INMATE#1: THE RISE OF DANNY TREJO:
With nearly 400—and counting!—film and television credits since 1985, Danny Trejo is one of the most prolific and recognizable actors around. But his remarkable ascent to beloved Hollywood hero notorious for tough guy roles in Heat, Breaking Bad, and the Machete series was as hard-earned as it was unexpected. In this moving, funny, and revealing portrait, Trejo candidly traces his own sensational out-of-the-ashes journey from troubled kid growing up in Pacoima, CA, to teenage drug addict and San Quentin prison inmate, to ubiquitous film star, restauranteur, philanthropist, and role model. With help from his most ardent champions, including his children, friends, and famous colleagues (Robert Rodriguez, Cheech Marin, and Michelle Rodriguez), Brett Harvey’s affecting profile is as raw and intimate as it is a buoyant celebration of an exceptional life, telling a story of unlikely survival, rare humility, and a profound transformation that led to a real-life Hollywood ending.

About Danny Trejo:
Danny Trejo has had a prolific career in the entertainment industry, yet his road to success has been hard earned and anything but typical, from imprisonment to helping young people battle drug addiction, to acting and producing. Trejo has starred in dozens of films including DesperadoHeat, the From Dusk Till Dawn franchise, Con AirOnce Upon A Time In Mexico, the Spy Kids movies, GrindhouseMacheteMachete KillsDead In Tombstone, and Muppets Most Wanted. Danny’s recent television work includes recurring roles on Sons of Anarchy and King of the Hill, and he has appeared on episodes of Modern Family and Breaking Bad, among others. Most recently, Trejo reunited with Robert Rodriguez for season two of El Rey’s TV series From Dusk Till Dawn. Trejo also regularly lends his voice to animated projects, including the WB feature Storks, Guillermo del Toro’s The Book of Life, regular roles on Netflix’s The Adventures of Puss in Boots and Nickelodeon’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and will most recently be heard in the upcoming Dora and the Lost City of Gold
Quote:DANNY TREJODISHES HUNDREDS OF FREE MEALS!!!... To L.A. Hospital Workers 4/15/2020 2:48 PM PT
[img=713x0]https://imagez.tmz.com/image/49/4by3/2020/04/15/4932f804cd7f4d5e8bac37c085edf1ef_md.jpg[/img]EXCLUSIVE

TMZ.com
[b]Danny Trejo[/b] is using his machete for good ... to chop up some [i]carnitas[/i] from his famous Mexican joint to feed L.A.'s frontline workers.
We're told the action star hit up USC Verdugo Hills Hospital in L.A. Wednesday, just before lunchtime, and served HUNDREDS of free bowls to hospital workers working to treat patients battling with COVID-19 and various other illnesses.
[img=713x0]https://imagez.tmz.com/image/32/4by3/2020/04/15/32a8ef23faf448c5834878f85d8cc8b6_md.jpg[/img]

TMZ.com
As you know ... Danny [b]owns Trejo's Tacos[/b], a popular joint with several locations across L.A. Staff at his location on the westside prepped the bowls filled with carnitas, chicken, steak asada and brisket. WHERE'S A DROOLING EMOJI WHEN YOU NEED IT?!?
This is not the first time Danny's gone to bat for L.A.'s healthcare workers. He kicked off the week doing exactly that ... serving up hundreds of bowls for doctors, nurses, administrators and custodians working at Cedars-Sinai in L.A.
Helluva way to give back during a nationwide medical and economic crisis. As we first reported ... [b]Steven Spielberg[/b]'s production company earlier this month fed a bunch of[b] frontline ER heroes[/b] working at a Burbank hospital.
#NotAllHeroesWearCapes

Still the freakin best.  Danny kills it every freakin time.
Still my hero for so many reasons...

Now in German!

Quote:
STAFFEL 2

MAN AT ARMS - LEGENDÄRE KLINGEN DER POPKULTUR
NÄCHSTE FOLGE, DONNERSTAG, 25.06., 20.15 UHR

SENDUNG
Ein Team aus Kampfkunstexperten und Meisterschmieden um den Actionstar Danny „Machete“ Trejo aus Hollywood stellt sich der Herausforderung, ikonische Waffen aus Film, Fernsehen und echter Geschichte mit modernen Techniken nachzubauen. In der zweiten Staffel geht es zum Beispiel um Schmiedekunst aus der Comicwelt oder aus „Game of Thrones“.

Geographic Restriction
Close
This content is not available in your location.
0:00/0:00
Menu

NÄCHSTE FOLGE
Verpassen Sie nicht die nächste Folge Man at Arms - Legendäre Klingen der Popkultur:
Donnerstag, 25.06., 20.15 Uhr
Sehr gut!

I wonder if they went dub or subtitle?
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.