Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4:20
Sportsball!
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Was it satisfying? My neighbors were cheering excitedly throughout it. ‘‘Twas a group of teenage boys in their early blush of testosterone.

I watched most of the trailers and a few spotlighted commercials on YouTube.  Any recs on one’s to watch?

I did opt for that nap. Which is why I’m up now...
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
The game was fun. The ads on the whole were quite entertaining. They did a long running bit about Tide commercials that was very enjoyable. but you kind of had to be in the moment. I don't know if they will stand up outside the confines of the game. The dilly dilly budweiser ads amused me. The robots of sprint amused me. I still don't understand the Honda ad. I think they want me to do work so I can understand. I saw two members of Aerosmith in different commercials.

Eli Manning also had a very amusing bit. But again, it was an in the moment thing. They would pop up during the course of the show and wonder what the hell he was talking about and then it all resolved in a bizarre manner.

I think the announcement and then release of Cloverfield Paradox was brilliant on the part of Netflix. I don't if the film is any good I just the marketing was spot on.

Dammit. I just remembered another. The Vikings and their Ram truck going to the Super Bowl was very funny in a very trolling kind of way (The Viking Football team was supposed to be in the playoffs but the Eagles beat them in an upset)

And the commercial for NBC's The Voice also entertained.

Let's face it. The caliber of ads was strong. Although, there was no Puppy Monkey Baby

And the Tourism Australia ad. Another great fake out.

It's going to be one of those days. I woke up at 2:40. Mind blown.

(02-05-2018, 06:41 AM)Greg Wrote: Although, there was no Puppy Monkey Baby

Fuq puppy monkey baby.  I was addicted to that feckin Kickstart drink for months after. 

This morning, someone started shooting off big ass fireworks at 4 AM.  My dumbass neighbors.  I was tempted to post here, but I thankfully, I fell back to sleep quickly.
(02-09-2018, 07:15 AM)Greg Wrote: It's going to be one of those days. I woke up at 2:40. Mind blown.

Dagnabit. U jinxed me.
Sunday 4:20 PM
This week might be suffer to that left handed monkey wrench of jury duty.
The Queen has returned from the frigid midwest. Unfortunately, her fitbit alarm is still set to the central zone. Her arlarm went off at 2am. Since the Queen knows she will easily sleep through that alarm. She had another set to go off an hour later. She was so tired, she barely stirred when they went off.

I, on the other hand, did a lot of silent cursing.

Oops.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
(02-09-2018, 07:15 AM)Greg Wrote: It's going to be one of those days. I woke up at 2:40. Mind blown.

Do we have to start a 2:40 thread? Greg posts a lot here about 2 am wokes. That seems silly - 2:40 - but whatev.
Well, my day starts at 4:00 so your drama about snapping awake at 4:20 comes off as a big meh. I've usually had at least one coyote encounter or I've picked up a bag of rancid chicken by 4:20.

But you do you.

Well, clearly you are an earlier bird than me.  Maybe you should start that 2:40 thread.  We'll see which one thrives here and which one is meh.
This is the insomnia thread, dammit. I think you are too fixated on time.

(02-16-2018, 11:43 AM)Greg Wrote: This is the insomnia thread, dammit. I think you are too fixated on time.

I am unstuck in time.  I've repeated Slaughterhouse 5 line that so many times since I've gone into publishing.  What month is it?  I'm working on May & June for an April newsstand.  

I thought this was about inhaling...now legal inhaling.   Icon_weed