Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor Swift
@ Levis 8/14/15

Ok before you all get all judgmental about DM and his affection for pop divas, DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER unless you watch this.  There's even a sword fight.

[youtube]QcIy9NiNbmo[/youtube]

There's really nothing like seeing a pop diva at the top of her game.  To T Swizzle's cred, she writes her own stuff.  She strips down to just her and an instrument (guitar or keys).  She's managed to stay above the sleeziness that most divas give up - she remains classy and true to her self-refential style.  Her overall message is very positive, very girl empowering.  And she's a seriously talented young lady.  She puts on a solid tight 2+ hour show, singing, dancing, playing and preaching, with lighting fast costume changes in the first part, only relying on video interludes in the latter part of the show. She always has a special guest, allowing some up-and-coming band to share her spotlight, a 52,500 spotlight - this time it was Five Harmony.  I kept getting different reports about the amount of trucks - 30-48.  The stage was big because the glory ramp moved, converting into a giant crane-like arm that could bring Taylor closer to every side of the football field.  To cap it off, patrons got light up wristbands that were coordinated to flash in multiple different colors with the music.  With 50K+, the effect was dazzling. 

The Swiftees dress up.  I wasn't expecting that.  There's a Taylor Nation photo booth where they can take selfies and if Taylor likes them, they get a shot at going backstage.  The costumes are often quite clever - the lyric plays were great ie. a cheshire cat and mad hatter from her song Wonderland, and the hatter's back reads 'hatters going to hat'.  I was bummed that there were no Swiftee cosplayers doing Bad Blood.  Because that would make me a Swiftee. 

The crowd was sweet - moms and daughters, girlfriends, dad chaperones, some young couples (hetero & homo).  There were lots of very little kids and kids with their parents, which is what I was actually as Tara was volunteering with me at Rock Med.

Alas, RM at Levi's is really weird.  It's very controlled - laminates and parking passes issued the day before - regulations of all sorts on taking photos and getting food.  They supply a decent box dinner, but not a veg option.  RM has to wear uniforms - white collared shirts with epaulets - that say medical in small print so all the patrons think your are an usher and know where everything is.  I do love epaulets, but many of the vols seemed awestruck that I was in uniform, which is odd to me as being a lifelong martial artist, I don a uniform regularly.  There's a lot of security - cops, guards, undercover - and there are monitors everywhere.  I got to see the ISS (don't know what it stands for) but it's this network that details everything going on - intoxicated patient, golf cart out of gas, security breech - it's fascinating to just that roll.  RM's director was killing time waiting for the Levi's manager to appear for the meeting and went on this odd tangent about psych at RM and mentioned DM by name a lot (which makes everyone expect another magic trick...oh bother).  But they were kind enough to let DM roam, and the director was nice to pull T aside and give her one of those lite-up bracelets (she thought she was in trouble for standing in a line to get a shirt).  BTW, prior to this, T was NOT a Swiftee, but this being her first pop diva show, and a great one at that, I think she's converted.  A lot of her classmates were there, including a family who's dad is a zen priest and has just returned from a pilgrimage to Tibet - it was a funny place to hear tales of his trip.  I won't confess to being a Swiftee, but I will enjoy watching T Swizzle's career progress and hope the best for her. 

I suspect I will avoid working Levi's.  It was just a little to stifled for me.  You have to work 10 Niners game to qualify for the Superbowl, but I have yet to work one because you have to dedicate your entire day to it.  I dunno.  The 50th Superbowl is very tempting.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I already saw that video and thought it pretty messy as far as narratives go. I prefer Blank Space more.

It's funny that most of her songs revolve around who they are about.

Yes, very empowering. But not really empowering to me.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
It's got hot celebrity nachettes. And you want more? Man, sometimes I really question your cinematic priorities
Greg Wrote:Yes, very empowering. But not really empowering to me.

Quote:“How long will I be dancing before someone points at me and thinks that I’m stupid,” she asked rhetorically, during one insecurities-listing confessional.
(Among the heads nodding in the good seats was a man with a date who appeared to be in his forties. We are all Taylor Swift.)
from the Sunday sf chron
And even though they were hot, the scenarios they were in were all pretty dumb.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_28621439/these-macho-taylor-swift-fans-are-out-closet">http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_28 ... out-closet</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.today.com/popculture/new-bad-blood-miley-cyrus-calls-out-violence-taylor-swift-t37766">http://www.today.com/popculture/new-bad ... ift-t37766</a><!-- m -->
I had a dream last night I was at my birthday party and Taylor Swift was performing.

Thankfully, the White Stripes were also in attendance. There was a third band but I can't remember their name.

Which begs the questions, when do I become rich enough to have three popular bands play at my party?
What's your excuse? The dogs again? :roll:

[youtube]Pb-K2tXWK4w[/youtube]
And my room fan broke.

And . . .um... I got nothing.
This is now in my double-bill dream list.  T-swizzle+NIN

Ow.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

T Swizzle is releasing her concert in Paris on Disney+. Total burn on you people without Disney+

Most likely will not watch it.

actually i'll be more jealous about hamilton. stacy was just saying we should make a pilgrimage to the lynch lair. maybe when that drops.

cats is in my netflix queue.
And just to show that we aren't not working hard enough during the COVID era, T-Swizzle releases an album of all new material. She also wrote and directed the first music video from the album. And to rub it, she did her own hair and make-up as well.

Bet she didn't edit the music video, so there.