Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How are you celebrating?
Happy Arthur's Day!!

I'll be celebrating with iced tea, as usual.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
But coincidentally, I'm wearing my official Guinness shirt today. Surely it's in my blood!
Quote:Arthur's Day: Guinness Marks 250th Birthday
12:02pm UK, Thursday September 24, 2009
Vicki Hawthorne, Ireland correspondent

Guinness celebrates its 250th anniversary today, and although the Irish don't really need an excuse to raise a glass, Dublin will be in full swing honouring the company's founder.

Guinness storehouse gates at the St James's Gate brewing site, Dublin

Arthur Guinness signed a 9,000 year lease on the brewery in 1759

The world famous brewer of the "black stuff" is hosting a day of celebrations in Dublin to mark the day that Arthur Guinness signed the 9,000-year lease for his brewery in the city in 1759.

Drinkers of the dark pint are being encouraged to join a world toast to the man who started the company, and at 17:59 this evening everyone is being asked to say "cheers" with a pint.

Speaking on Jeff Randall Live, one of the most prominent members of the brewing dynasty, Jasmine Guinness, told of her pride in her family's contribution to Ireland's economy and society.

Jasmine Guinness

Jasmine Guinness

"I'm very proud to be a Guinness, obviously, because we've done a lot in 250 years.

"It never really meant much to me when I was younger but as I've gotten older I've realised how much we've done for Dublin and the Irish people as time's gone."

At the celebrations 60 musicians and singers including Tom Jones and Kasabian will be in Dublin to perform at a live music concert at the St James's Gate Brewery.

Cat Deeley and Ronan Keating will be hosting the festivities from the Brewery, as well as Colin Murray, Ed Byrne, model Michelle De Swarte and Michelle Doherty in the four studio venues.

There will also be a series of intimate gigs in more than 30 venues across Dublin, and others around the world.

The Black Eyed Peas are performing in Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, with other events in New York, Cameroon and Lagos to mark the 250th anniversary.

A pint of Guinness

Pure genius ...

The advertising and branding surrounding the anniversary has gathered huge momentum with more than 6,000 people signing an online petition to make Arthur's Day an Irish national holiday.

The company is also using the celebration to launch the Arthur Guinness Fund as a tribute to the Guinness family's well known acts of philanthropy in Ireland.

Guinness says: "The aim of the fund is to enable and empower individuals with skills and opportunities to deliver a measured benefit to their communities".

Guinness & Co. will donate 6 million Euro (£5.4million) to the new fund.
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-N...t_Brewery_
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
It's also National Punctuation Day. No apostrophe abuse will be tolerated.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
WT#:*%~$@?!?!
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Hmm where did I put the post that Guinness is now owned by an British company?

Our Brands
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
National Coffee Day. That's why I'm posting at 2 am.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
For when National Punctuation Day rolls around again:

http://www.collegehumor.com/article/6872...tion-marks
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Absolutely brilliant.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.