Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe (Emeryville and downtown Oakland)
OK - I've mentioned this place in other posts but never did an actual review. This is THE DOOM cafe.

The breakfast menu features alcohol (Bloody Marys and Guinness). The decor is retro/heavy-metal with cosplay Barbie-dolls and 'Barrel-of-Monkeys' oil prints. Nearly every menu item has a vegetarian option (including sausage and chorizo) and the tables are acrylic embedded with toys, army men and nostalgia chotchkes.

So, I recommend the pancakes or King-Kong slices of French toast, coffee, a Guinness and the constitution of a water buffalo. You will not need to eat the rest of the day or the following morning.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
Since my posting to Berkeley is now secure for 3 evenings/week, I'm looking for *good* coffee recommendations and any late-nite dining suggestions in the Berkeley/E-Ville area.

Anyone...?
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Time for a management meeting for West Berkeley Fencing Club, which we combine with breakfast. I remembered El Dingo praising Rudy's, so off to E-Ville we went. Very good eats. I had the Tower of Power and it was.

Thanks El Dingo!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.