Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thai whiskey
No

--tg
I'll go with that review. Thanks for taking that bullet.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
You can lean bullet wounds with that stuff!!

--tg
I love lean bullet wounds. Those are the best kind.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
[Image: scorpion_snake_wine_bottle.jpg]
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
No. just the essence...

--tg
that's like mescal w/out the worm.
I always get annoyed by those wine bottles that have the huge concavity in the bottom. You know they're doing it just to rob you of content.
And Thai liquor is much the same. Not that they use concavity. They've never mastered that art -- probably because there is no word in Thai for concavity, so they just don't grok it. (Interestingly, they have thirteen words for rubber band, but I suppose that's a digression we need not follow.) The Thai technique is to stuff the liquor bottle with dead things, which robs you of content just like concavity. I've tried chewing some of those things, but they just don't have much liquor content. Effing cheapskates.
I'm nobody's pony.
cf, you have never chewed on a thai whiskey-soaked scorpion. that was a chinese millet-wine-soaked lizard. understandable mistake.
Oops. Wrong continent.
I'm nobody's pony.
Had some "Amrut", India's premier, award-winning single-malt whisky. It was like a rough Oban. My host was correct in that the second swallow was smooth, but the first one was rough. I'd say that it was a credible attempt. Might be better with ice, though.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Am Rut? Lol

So you think it's worth a try? How much for a bottle?
Worth a try if it is free, which this was. I would not spend any money on it. It is like Oban, in that regard. Not worth the money, but not bad.
...and just for the record, what might you spend money on exactly? Say with a budget of $50 per bottle?
Do you like a sweeter, smoother, sherry-cask Highland type (Macallan)? Do you like it peaty, like Lagavulin? Do you like it redolent with overtones of seaweed, dirty ashtrays, and used band-aids, like Laphroig?