Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haggis-Killer: Living the Dream
A belated Burns Night celebration will be happening this Saturday night, and Haggis-Killer will be living up to his name and slitting a live haggis open from ear to ear. Barbaric, but tasty.

I'll report on the whiskies. Rumor has it that there will be a very rare Welsh single-malt there for the sipping.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
It turns out that Welsh whisky tastes very much like Irish whisky, only a little less so. The Haggis this year was good (yes, I wrote "good" and I meant it). The entertainment was broad, with this year's theme of the Burns poetry being "drinking", which coincides with HK's theme of "Kill the Bottle". HK had so many bottles with only a little bit left that he wanted us to finish them off. He was roundly obliged. Yes, there were bagpipes.

The food was fantastic, from smoked salmon and three different home-made pates for appetizers, to the main event of two geese, bacon-wrapped pork loin, and bar-b-cue beef ribs, and fresh fish chowder, in addition to the haggis with neeps and tatties.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.