Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hancock (2008)
Will Smith is getting in the bad habit of attaching himself to interesting ideas that then become messy, incomprehensible, disjointed, poorly paced, poorly written parodies of themselves.

"I Robot", "I Am Legend" and now "Hancock"

The premise is cool. An alcoholic homeless alien super hero. He is indestructible and can fly but doesn't give two shits about the world around him. If he sees something going down he'll try and help but always causes more damage than he prevents.

Great premise right?

OK how can we fuck it up?

[SPOILER ALERT]

First have him rescue a PR man who insists on helping him mend his image. Next reveal that the PR man is married to Hancock's long-lost white sister who is not really his sister. Then reveal that they need to be near each other to maintain their superpowers. Next have Hancock go to jail for the damage he's caused in the past. Then have one of the convicts stage a crime and kill his sister and kill him but they come back to life and save the world and I can't wrap my head around how bad this movie was.

This Netflix streaming thing is giving me way too many opportunities to watch movies i would normally avoid.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
I saw it in the theater, but I was drunk and I can't remember a thing. I guess that's a plus.

--tg