Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My next project...
Got this recipe from someone that came to my party:

Code:
Take the zest of 12 lemons. Use one of those file type graters. Place the zest in a one gallon jar and add one 750 ml bottle 100 proof vodka. Wait 30 days and add another bottle of 100 proof vodka and simple syrup made by placing 4 1/2 cups of sugar in 5 cups of water and bring to a boil until the liquid clears. Let it cool and add to the vodka. Let set for 30 more days. Then strain into storage bottles. Place a bottle in the freezer along with the serving glasses. Usually small stovepipe glasses like they use for drinking vodka. Enjoy

Anyone have a recommendation for a vodka? Someone suggested "Pearl"

I'll have to have another party in about 2 months...

--tg
Jeezus. If you don't like the "taste" of vodka, don't drink it. There's plenty of other stuff out there to drink without loosing your "Man-Card" because you bought a zester.

Don't do it!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
First: Losing Confusedmt011

Second: Mixing alcoholic beverages with other flavors is an honored tradition. It's not like he's adding Grape Hi-C to Glenmorangie.

You can't say 'if you don't like the taste don't drink it'. I happen to like cream in my coffee, Curry in my rice and pineapples on my pizza.

I even put sugar in my Absinthe!

I bet a pineapple/mango vodka would be Pirate-licious! Adding citrus to your alcohol helps fight scurvy!
[Image: magpie13.gif]
I don't have a zester...I was going to wing it in some manly MacGyver way.

--tg
ED, Pineapple/mango anything should come with a tiny umbrella. Can I call you "Tiffany"? What kind of "Pirate" are you, anyway...?

Curry was made to be served with rice. Pizza was made without pineapple, by the laws of both Moses and Cthulu. And if those two agree on something, you should just obey. Trust me on this.

Vodka was made to clean wounds and slowly kill Russians. It does both well. Drink it? Hell no.

So, yes, I can, nay - I demand! - that thou shalt not dilute or augment thine booze! If thou likest not the taste of thine hootch, thou shalt not partaketh of it!

TG, Any kinda MacGuyver cancels the pulling of the man-card.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
...according to Bob (the fencer, not the brother). He gave me the recipe.

I started making it tonight. Come see me in two months. The Yeti can clean his wounds with it if he wants. Like any cleanser, this one now comes "lemon scented"....

--tg
Lemoncello? Really. That's the drink Danny Devito had been imbibing before he came on the View completely plastered. Good luck to you.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
thatguy Wrote:I started making it tonight. Come see me in two months.

Which brand did you decide on? I drank a decidedly unhealthy amount of vodka in my inexperienced and misspent collegiate career -- as Jewess of Russian descent, it was a natural proclivity (until I learned/acquired better taste by hanging around with Celts). One of these days I may be enticed to relate the Stolichnaya-related tale of waking up in a shopping cart at the entrance to my dorm...)
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
The Queen Wrote:Which brand did you decide on?

I went with the Smirnoff Blue label. Apparently the 100 proof is to ensure that it doesn't freeze when stored in the freezer for 2 months.

Someone also suggested a Seagrams Vodka saying that it was pretty good and less expensive. I just found the Blue Label and went for the impulse buy.

--tg
How do you all get by without having a zester in the kitchen? Freakin' indispensable. How would I make my teriyaki/ginger/orange marinade without it?

Ok, a blender.

Besides that.
Normally, I would be asking to see your Man-Card, HK, but since I know that whatever "marinade" you are talking about will no doubt end up on some form of tasty grilled former animal...well, it's all good.

Meat is, after all, the tastiest form of murder.
a baker friend shared some fresh poppy seed muffins with lemon zest. the lemon zest completely hid the taste of the medicine, which was extensive since it wasn't only in the butter. the poppy seeds had been soaked in oil. ultimately, i didn't care for it tho. i love lemon, but i also enjoy the taste of that particular medicine.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Muffins? Medicine? What are you talking about? Are you currently on muffins? Friends don't let friends do muffins. Just say "no!" to mufffins. This is your brain on muffins - any questions? Are you OK to drive after those muffins? How many muffins did you have? Where are the muffins now? Are the muffins armed? Where did you last see the muffins?
Are you down on that muffin?
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Do you have muffins while you're alone?
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.