Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival
No, the foghorns are real. They are no longer actual horns, though, just loud recordings. You can hear the different tones from the ships as they come in. They also move, so you can kinda track their progress into/out of the bay.

Correction: Foghorns are still actual horns (at least on the GG Bridge).

https://www.goldengate.org/bridge/histor...20diameter.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Upsahl - if Billie Eilish was a rapper

Bri reports she cannot hear anything without the fog.

Scratch that - she’s got some Miley in her too. ‘I just came here for the drugs’
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I love that song.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

No fog now, but I’ve still been hearing the music. I think the wind is carrying it this way.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
(08-13-2023, 12:13 PM)Greg Wrote: I love that song.

It’s a singalong

Had turnpike nachos which were good. Tara is on her second round of momos. Listen to some dj in the Toyota stage 

Fog  now covering half the venue. Time for a layer

Ixoso - big bass nonmembers and trappy but not working for the main stage with the fog pouring in.

Dope Lemon - more dreamy female vocals, only caught a bit

I just had the best elote ever - Lulu’s from Berkeley - same place I got the falafel nachos. My pick of the weekend.
Gasolina - reggaeton dj - que fuego! Huge crowd for one of the smallest stages, fists pumping in the air. Such energy for the same ol reggaeton riddem. OSL needs to book a reggaeton act next year, like Daddy Yankee.

Daniels - r&b, gospel & soul. Lead violin. Huge lead singer with a major voice.

Soma tent just moved everything outside so it’s a soma zone. And it was packed. Huge line. No soma for us this year.

Inhaler sounded like every other alt rock band

Hard French was 3 gals spinning beats (one had a drum set) in the fake or gay stage

Poolside covered shakedown street… poorly.

Fog is now in.
Now they’re covering Harvest moon but I’m too far away to tell if they are doing it well or not.
Beabadoobee - another young gal with a guitar. Younger than Tara. Pop rock. Typical alt rock.
Megan Theeeeee Stallion - booty bouncing

Beer batter oyster mushroom tacos to yet another female vocalist - soccer mommy

And we’re headed out
And I’m home.
Tomorrow Tara starts law school
And I work my way back into the default world again 

It was another great OSL, a true jewel of SF, and I look forward to next year.

Miles/flights
F 8.8/14 
S 9.3/7
S 9.0/15
We were in SF Sunday to visit our nephew. We came in via 101 to Civic Center to avoid OSL traffic. They live on California near 20th. Got slowed down by a self driving car that got confused by a guy getting in his car and just stopped. I could still see it there until we were five or six blocks away and I lost sight. We went home 19th Ave to 280 and there was a lot of traffic. Part of it was caused by another self driving car that was stopped in the middle lane near where Zim's used to be.
the hands that guide me are invisible
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

(08-14-2023, 01:04 PM)King Bob Wrote: We were in SF Sunday to visit our nephew. We came in via 101 to Civic Center to avoid OSL traffic. They live on California near 20th. Got slowed down by a self driving car that got confused by a guy getting in his car and just stopped. I could still see it there until we were five or six blocks away and I lost sight. We went home 19th Ave to 280 and there was a lot of traffic. Part of it was caused by another self driving car that was stopped in the middle lane near where Zim's used to be.

Those cut-rate Skynet posermobiles are a pain. A whole pod of them locked-up in North Beach this weekend. AI Overlords said there was a "bandwidth issue due to a local music event".

Collective noun for these? A Roadblock of robocars? A Clot? A Stall?
A Bender bender? A K.I.T.T.-astrophe? Herbie-cide?

--tg
(08-14-2023, 02:41 PM)Greg Wrote:

I don’t care. 

I had a leftover bag of corn nuts that I tucked in my cargo pants pocket from the RM snack stash. I just ate it to console myself, a post-fest blues remedy. My RM gear is washed and stowed until next week. My head is still ringing and the default world is dull and sad. I’m going to sleep it off. 

Tara reports that her first day of law school went well. The toughest part about getting old is recovery is so much slower. Perhaps we never recover all the way, and those cumulative unrecovered bits scar and fester until they inevitably overwhelm our lives so much that we die.