Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival
Been mellow. Fingers crossed. Eating too much. Had some delish garlic noodles. Tara got her momo and it was better than before. 
Caught some of Orion sun. Nice female vocalist. Soma tent is back. Toyota stage is banging with bass and tchotchkes. Hagaan das is giving out free cones & chapstick. Got a free bandana from Amazon music.

So crowded today. Lines everywhere.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Father John Misty is chewing gum as he sings. Kinda croony. A bit full of himself maybe. Been a lot of female vocalists so the male voice is fresh. But it’s a bit sluggish for me right now. It’s good but I’m not in the mood for it.
Amazon Prime is showing Outside Lands.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

OSL is very corporate. 

Just helped a gal who claimed 100mg edibles (10 is standard, 30 is irie). Tara spotted her. Her name was Tara. Tara’s know Tara’s

Tara spotted anothe gal puking in the bushes next to a gal peeing. After she puked she popped up with a thumbs up and was good to go. I said ‘good job’ and wagged my finger at the peeing gal.

Now watching Nikki - female vocals & guitar - had a track on the Shang chi soundtrack. She’s ok. Has a violin back up

Nikki stopped her show and called for a medic because someone in the audience in the front was going down. We’re in the back like we’re supposed to be, maybe 400+ yards with a full audience in between. The person going down gave a thumbs up and Nikki picked her song up from the middle.

Mad props for that.

If we had been posing at the front, we could’ve been heroes.

Mix master Mike on a small stage in cocktail kings land.

He can still scratch like no one else.

Maggie rodgers - female rocker. Bouncy fun.

Fog is pouring in but I’m warm. Maybe I’m just numb.
(08-12-2023, 06:01 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: I said ‘good job’ and wagged my finger at the peeing gal.

[Image: blw.gif]

--tg
Bob the drag queen

You ain’t never met a bitch like me

(08-12-2023, 07:39 PM)thatguy Wrote:
(08-12-2023, 06:01 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: I said ‘good job’ and wagged my finger at the peeing gal.

[Image: blw.gif]

--tg

EXACTLY!

Bob was hysterical. Best act of the day. Drag queens rock.

We’re now tucked to the stage left in front of speaker tower 2 for Lana.
So packed. Thickest crowd so far this weekend.
Foo fighters are on the main stage. Bri can hear them from the apartment. We can’t. It’s about speaker direction.
Lana is spellbinding. What a voice. She should sing the next Bond song.
I could here the bass all the way out here in Pac-Depths. Nice counterpoint to the fog horns and this Dashiell Hammett pea-soup
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
We booked out of there. It was drippy wet fog although not overwhelmingly cold. 9.3 miles. My feet and legs ache.

(08-12-2023, 10:26 PM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote: I could here the bass all the way out here in Pac-Depths. Nice counterpoint to the fog horns and this Dashiell Hammett pea-soup

Wonder what stage points your direction. But yeah, serious pea soup. Made the lighting magical.

Soma tent reopened then closed again. 

Had a summer squash torta for dinner. It was disappointing. Ok, but not great. Tara had the vegan pickle Brussel sprout nachos - the pickles were good but the nut cheese wasn’t sufficient. She also had the zen kamikaze waffle fries which were very tasty. 

Lots of peeing and barfing in the bushes and trees. If you visit GGP, stay on the paths.
Checking fog horn just woke me up. Thought it was an alarm on my phone. Clearly haven’t been a city Boi since the early nineties…
Feckin not checking
I'm amused those foghorns are just for the ambience as opposed to serving any real function. Didn't they move to some sort of radio foghorn decades ago?

Dammit! You missed Michael Bublé performing with the Foo Fighters!

I have no regrets

Quote:Outside Lands 2023: Lana Del Rey’s siren song lures fans away from Foo Fighters
[/url]
[url=https://www.sfchronicle.com/author/aidin-vaziri/]Aidin Vaziri

Updated: Aug. 13, 2023 2:30 a.m.
Day 3- suns out. Guns out. Couldn’t find the cool external earpiece I had yesterday so I’m back on a trusty pic mic. My legs are sore.
Our mission today is to eat. Got a few acts on Tara’s hit list but none are crucial.

Waiting for our meal tix
Doors are open 
Most of the crew is in position