Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival
"Perhaps we never recover all the way, and those cumulative unrecovered bits scar and fester until they inevitably overwhelm our lives so much that we die."

Ok, Captain Emo, have a corn-nut and walk it off.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Corn nuts
Yum
Life is better with corn nuts
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
The compassionate Yeti strikes!
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

He's the professional coach among us. I'd expect no less.
Quote:Woman found dead in duffel bag in S.F. suffered on city streets, mother says
Annie VainshteinRachel Swan
Aug. 14, 2023Updated: Aug. 14, 2023 4:53 p.m.
[/url][url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sfchronicle.com%2Fbayarea%2Farticle%2Fduffel-bag-body-outside-lands-18295848.php%3Futm_campaign%3DCMS%2520Sharing%2520Tools%2520(Premium)%26utm_source%3Dt.co%26utm_medium%3Dreferral&text=Woman%20found%20dead%20in%20duffel%20bag%20in%20S.F.%20suffered%20on%20city%20streets%2C%20mother%20says&via=sfchronicle]
[Image: 1200x0.jpg]
The San Francisco Medical Examiner identified Kelly Koike, 37, a resident of San Francisco, as the woman who was found dead inside a duffel bag in Golden Gate Park.
Mark Winema / Getty Images

The San Francisco Medical Examiner identified the woman who was found dead inside a duffel bag in Golden Gate Park, spokespersons said Monday.
The 37-year-old, who was pronounced dead at the scene a day earlier, was identified as Kelly Koike, a resident of San Francisco. Police said they found the woman by Fulton Street and 22nd Avenue after reportedly being notified by a dog walker who had walked by the duffel bag, a law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation said.
The body was found near the massive Outside Lands Music Festival in Golden Gate Park.

San Francisco police spokespersons said Monday that the Office of the Medical Examiner had declared the death suspicious but had made no reference to the cause of death. Investigators from SFPD’s Homicide Detail are leading the investigation. 
No arrests have been made, spokespersons said.
In an interview with The Chronicle, Koike’s mother, Roya Koike, said her daughter grew up in Castro Valley and graduated from Castro Valley High School before going to culinary school in San Francisco. According to her mother, Kelly Koike was studious and jaw-droppingly beautiful, with a very big heart.
After being diagnosed with a slew of mental illnesses, including bipolar disorder, schizophrenia and catatonia, Kelly Koike wound up living on the street in San Francisco, Roya Koike said. At various points, Roya Koike said she had tried to help her daughter, saying she was welcome to live at home if she followed the rules. 
When her daughter was “herself, we were best buddies,” Roya Koike said.

Fulton & 22nd.

We walked right past this.
Now you are definitely back in the default world.

No kidding. 

Between this and the BLACKPINK cancellation, yesterday was a major downer.
Just like the body in the duffle bag, it wasn't OSL...

It was SF.

Quote:Cruise: Pedestrian caused North Beach traffic jam, not Outside Lands

[Image: 63655e1f88765.image.jpg?resize=400%2C267]

Cruise says the crowds at Outside Lands had nothing to do with the vehicles which stalled and created a traffic backup in North Beach last week. Instead, it was caused by a pedestrian who intentionally interfered with one of their robotaxis.
Craig Lee/The Examiner

Despite widespread reports, the crowds at Outside Lands had nothing to do with the Cruise vehicles that stalled causing a blocks-long traffic backup in San Francisco’s North Beach neighborhood last week.
Instead, the logjam was created by a pedestrian who intentionally interfered with a robotaxi, Cruise confirmed to The Examiner on Wednesday.
Still, the tens of thousands of Outside Lands concert-goers did worsen cell tower issues for the autonomous vehicle-company.

On Friday night, Cruise, which was servicing Outside Lands for all three days of the festival, needed to remotely assist several of its self-driving cars to help them navigate the massive congestion of people in and around the concert, the company said.
But bandwidth issues on the local cell network, exacerbated by the enormous concentration of people on their phones in Golden Gate Park, slowed down Cruise workers’ ability to access the vehicles. Those remote connection problems prompted Cruise to move and shut down several vehicles near the park.
Cruise maintained that at no point did the company lose connection to the network.
"Last weekend, Cruise successfully transported thousands of concert-goers, amidst widespread reports of traffic congestion, contributing to a very small portion of traffic blockages overall on Friday night,” Cruise spokesperson Hannah Lindow told The Examiner. “We addressed these issues and did not see any recurrence throughout the Saturday or Sunday concert days.”
But things didn't go as smoothly along Grant Avenue in The City’s North Beach neighborhood Friday, when a pedestrian intentionally interfered with a driverless vehicle, causing it to stop.
The decisions San Francisco and California officials make now will have massive ramifications for the future of urban transit
As the car idled waiting for a remote worker to clear it, other Cruise cars picking up and dropping off riders in the area stopped behind the lead car, causing a chain reaction of stalled vehicles and snarling traffic.
Cruise didn’t specify how the person forced the vehicle to stop but said that the company resolved the backup after 15 minutes.
In total, as many as 10 Cruise cars reportedly stalled Friday, a day after the company was granted free reign over servicing San Francisco streets.
The series of stopped cars went viral on social media and elicited a storm of outrage from many people who were already fuming at the California Public Utilities Commission’s decision to permit Cruise and Waymo to expand their fleets citywide without restrictions.
One of the most hotly debated concerns leading into the vote was the numerous reports of stopped cars, some of which impeded emergency vehicles throughout The City.
San Francisco Board of Supervisors President Aaron Peskin, who, like many at City Hall, has been vocally and fervently against autonomous vehicle expansion in San Francisco, and whose district includes North Beach, roundly criticized the fiasco.
Part of the confusion may have been due to Cruise’s initial response to the incident. The company, responding to a tweet about the stalled vehicles, said, “A large festival posed wireless bandwidth constraints causing delayed connectivity to our vehicles.”
But their comments on Wednesday clarified that the crowds at Outside Lands and the stalled cars at North Beach weren’t related after all.
So first they said it was a cell problem and now they say it wasn't. Do they think we aren't paying attention?

DM - I can't believe you can still eat corn nuts. I wouldn't risk it. I already have three or four crowns. But I guess I could crunch them between my opposing crowns.
the hands that guide me are invisible
Suuuuure, Cruise, sure.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
(08-17-2023, 11:14 AM)King Bob Wrote: DM - I can't believe you can still eat corn nuts. I wouldn't risk it. I already have three or four crowns. But I guess I could crunch them between my opposing crowns.

I have all my natural teeth, with only a few fillings. My dentist is a master of Eagle Claw Kung Fu. It keeps me motivated to not allow him to pull any teeth. Srsly tho, I'm grateful that my teeth have been good. I do take care of them. My mom has terrible teeth. She only has a few left. 

And I still enjoy corn nuts. In fact, I just got back into them because they've been showing up on the RM snack table.
BBQ Corn Nuts rule.

(08-17-2023, 02:04 PM)Greg Wrote: BBQ Corn Nuts rule.

Above or below Doritos on the Richter Snack Scale?
Cornuts are the occasional 'oh I forgot these were tasty' foods.

Doritos are the life blood.

If you can find a source, these corn ships are a good in-between snack. Organic, non-gmo, less greasy frito knock-offs. https://rwgarcia.com/products/organic-corn-chips/

--tg