The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1640 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1640 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
English Fast Food
I really like English fast food and wonder why it's not more popular here.

Some examples:

Ploughman's Sandwich (my favorite): Cold cheese (usually cheddar), lettuce, tomato (optinal), chutney (usually plum) on a fresh roll. Light, refreshing and delicious.

Cheese and Onion Savory: Shredded Cheddar, chopped onion, soft round bun. Want it toasted? Ask for a Toastie!

Pasty: Toasted pastry filled with veggies, cheese and/or meats.

Crepes: Hot filled pastry served in paper cone for an on-the-go treat! Sweet or savory fillings available

Our host family bought a vegetarian Haggis for me while they had the real thing. Dee Dee said mine was delicious ( she wouldn't eat the real one).

I was also introduced to Picallili (a thick mustard/vegetable spread) and Chililli (a thick mustard/chilli pepper spread). Good stuff!

The packaged sandwich thing is the norm. The 'Deli' isn't really a thing. Even the sandwich shops like 'Gregs' were basically hosting refrigerator shelves with these packaged meals. However these pre-made sandwiches tasted fresh and I did not suffer afterwards.
[Image: magpie13.gif]

Messages In This Thread