Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mountain Lark 3/17/2018 at cupcake place, Santa Cruz
Her Ladyship and I attended a St. Patrick's Day performance of Irish songs by Mountain Lark in the cupcake place across the street from the Santa Cruz Bookstore.  The cupcake place doesn't seem to have a name.  Mountain Lark is a small musical group that includes one our writer friends.  The five members use predominantly a flute, harp, two acoustic guitars and a mandolin.  Sometimes it's one guitar and two mandolins.  Oh, and the two women in the group (one of which is our writer friend) take turns singing or perform duets.  This was a very small venue, as it's not a big place.

I'm still debating what the highlight was.  The cupcake I ate, the rousing rendition of Whiskey Before Breakfast, or our opportunity to participate in the music when a young girl handed out plastic eggs (containing sand or somesuch) so we could shake them along with the next number.

My limited musical knowledge prevents me from saying much more.

BTW, according to my parents, I'm Dutch-Irish.  But if I dug deep enough into my ancestry, I suspect I'd find out I'm actually full-blooded American Indian.
I'm nobody's pony.
It has a name: Buttercup 
https://www.farmhousefrosting.com/

Sorry I didn’t make it out. Sounded fun but life got in the way.

And that place is wonderful. Pricey cupcakes but so worth it. Yet another reason to curse diabetes.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Don’t call him “Buttercup”, Nancy Drew!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.