The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Forums
China-Hollywood Screenwriting Fellowship - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum)
+-- Forum: Doom Arts (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Doom Media (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: China-Hollywood Screenwriting Fellowship (/showthread.php?tid=3951)

Pages: 1 2 3

Unprogress Report - cranefly - 03-18-2017

This is sort of an unprogress report, insofar as us 164 Ronin (the quarterfinalists) still stand strong on the battlefield, at least theoretically.  There has been no update.

Which is odd, because the winner(s) are supposed to be announced next Friday, March 24.  That means cuts for semi-finalists and then finalists need to happen before then. 

True, they might slip on their schedule, but it can't be by much.  Because the Beijing trip associated with winning happens mid-April.  That's already cutting things really tight.

Anyway, DM's Chinese horoscope made me curious, so I checked mine.  Here it is:

Quote:3/5-4/4: Your talents show, so much it is enviable.  Good opportunities approach.  Win by progress.  You'll get more help from elegant people.

The "elegant people" bit is a puzzler.  But come on, why do I even bother with this superstitious mumbo-jumbo?

good question - Drunk Monk - 03-18-2017

I've been translating Wilson with G2 for like 16+ years now. It's chinglish babble, and I endevoir to retain the ambiguous poetry of translation error. I'm horribly skeptical of horoscopes (except for mercury in retrograde, as absurd as that premise is), but Wilson does nail it enough times that I heed him.

Dead and rotting on the battlefield...somewhere - cranefly - 03-25-2017

Well, Orb Media Group announced the semi-finalists today.  The 164 ronin are now 50.

I'm dead and rotting on some battlefield out there, likely from a sword thrust that got past my armor.

RE: China-Hollywood Screenwriting Fellowship - Greg - 03-25-2017

Damn you, Orb Media Group!

2107 Screencraft Sci-FiScreenplay Quarter Finalists Announced - cranefly - 05-10-2017

2107 Screencraft Sci-Fi Screenplay Quarter Finalists Announced

Here we go again.

This is the second of four contests I entered with that China-set screenplay.  This time the category is Science Fiction.  I sense that the China-Hollywood contest was my best opportunity, where I made quarter-finalist but failed to make semi-finalist.

Anyway, for the Science Fiction category contest, the cold equations haven't caught up with me yet.  I'm still aboard ship.

I tend to view quarter-finalist status as meaning I was able to meet all the requirements for proper submission.  Then again, maybe I'm not giving sufficient credit to the quarter-finalists.  So I'm going to crawl far enough out of my cautious-attitude hole to say, "Yay." 

2017 Screencraft Sci-Fi Screenplay Quarter Finalists Announced

RE: China-Hollywood Screenwriting Fellowship - Dr. Ivor Yeti - 05-10-2017

Yay!!!

Haobang! - Drunk Monk - 05-11-2017

Fei chang hao!

RE: China-Hollywood Screenwriting Fellowship - Greg - 05-11-2017

Two thoughts:

First, stupidest presentation of a list ever.

Second, one guy has two screenplays on there.

Congratulations, CF

Another couple of thoughts - cranefly - 05-11-2017

Yeah, weird list format.  I looked through it twice, thought I hadn't made it.  Then I did a search and there I was.

Another couple of thoughts.

A couple months ago when the China-Hollywood quarter-final list came out, I did a search for "monkey," "monkey king," and "journey to the west," because that's everywhere in Chinese cinema of late.  Surprisingly, no one went there -- at least not in their titles.

Just for fun I did those searches for this Science Fiction contest.  And there it was: Return of the Monkey King.

One final observation.  Among the quarter-finalists, mine is the longest fucking title.  Woo-hoo!

RE: China-Hollywood Screenwriting Fellowship - Greg - 05-11-2017

As a man, it's always important to be long.

So much for the Screencraft Sci-Fi Screenplay entry - cranefly - 05-30-2017

Those bastards!  Threw me out the effin' airlock.
Two of the four contests down.  I made quarter final in both.

Here's the semi-finalists in the Science Fiction category contest.
2017 Screencraft Sci-Fi Screenplay Semi Finalists Announced

Interestingly, Return of the Monkey King is still in the running.

BASTARDS! - Drunk Monk - 05-30-2017

Let's hide in the mountains, train for years, and then come back for revenge.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out, except for your RotMK premonition.

bloody hell - cranefly - 07-17-2017

So the 821 quarter-finalists were announced for the last two contests I had entered with The Fantastical Waterclocks of Cao Jinsong.
They forgot to include me.
Need to give some thought to novelizing it.

I

bummer - Drunk Monk - 07-17-2017

After Transformers 5 bombed, maybe PRC is done with giant robots?

Quarter-finalists of the 2017 ScreenCraft Short Story Contest - cranefly - 01-24-2018

Hadn't meant to enter any more of these damned screenplay contests.  The only area I might have an edge is on Chinese scripts, and that just hasn't panned out.

But damned if Screencraft didn't sucker me into entering another one -- the 2017 ScreenCraft Short Story Contest, a bit of an odd duck, because the entries are short stories with potential for being made into screenplays.  And these can be previously published stories.  Okay.  I'll bite.

Anyway, today they announced the quarter-finalists.  Had to search a while, but finally found Lord Cranefly, Esquire, in their list.

Lady Cranefly entered as well.  It took longer to locate her; didn't know whether to look for Lady or Cranefly.  Turns out she used Her Ladyship Lady Cranefly.  And yep, she made the quarter finals too.

Twice.

That's right.  She entered two stories, and they both made quarter finals.

So we're triply alive, resting on our laurels for the moment ... until sometime in February when the semis are announced.
2017 ScreenCraft Short Story Contest Quarter-Finalists Announced
[Image: 2017-screencraft-contest-shortStory-1200x630.jpg]

https://screencraft.org/2018/01/24/2017-screencraft-short-story-contest-quarter-finalists-announced-2/?utm_source=drip&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=%7B%7B+email.subject+%7C+url_encode+%7D%7D&utm_content=